Cliff Notes on Some Christian Artists...

Talk about clean shows, videos, music, pictures, books, etc.
PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:24936882

Cliff Notes on Some Christian Artists...

Post by PeekABoo » February 11th, 2018, 6:13 pm

TOBYMAC

Toby McKeehan (born Kevin Michael McKeehan but better known by his stage name TobyMac) is a Christian Hip Hop recording artist, music producer, songwriter and author. He is known for a wide variety of music styles over the years. He also loves to feature up and coming new artists. Toby has featured with Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Hollyn, Britt Nicole, AAron Cole, Lecrae, NF, and more. TobyMac has charted 20 solo singles on Billboard's Christian Songs list.

TobyMac has released these Solo Albums:

* 2001: Momentum
* 2004: Welcome to Diverse City
* 2007: Portable Sounds
* 2010: Tonight
* 2011: Christmas in Diverse City
* 2012: Eye on It
* 2015: This Is Not a Test

TobyMac first came into the spotlight as a member of the Christian vocal trio DC Talk. Toby formed DC Talk with Michael Tait in 1987. He and Tait released Christian Rhymes to a Rhythm in 1988, while they recruited classmate, Kevin Max Smith. In 1990, the 3 of them (Toby, Michael, and Kevin) released their first gold album, Nu Thang. After the Nu Thang tour, DC TAlk recorded their first platinum album, Free at Last. The Free at Last Tour was a success. They were invited to play on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Arsenio Hall Show, getting mainstream attention.

Their next album, Jesus Freak, which they released in 1995, went multi-platinum and led to the extremely popular Jesus Freak World Tour. In 1996, "Between You and Me" reached No. 29 on the Hot 100. The tour ended in success in time for Supernatural, which would be their last album. The album would sell platinum. Toby, Michael and Kevin all decided to try out their own solo ventures in 2001. The band has not toured together since 2001.

To Find out more about TobyMac, Google him today and check out more of his music!
:elvis:
Last edited by PeekABoo on February 28th, 2018, 7:32 pm, edited 6 times in total. word count: 309
If God is for us, then who can stand against us?

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Re: Cliff Notes on Some Christian Artists...

Post by PeekABoo » February 14th, 2018, 7:10 pm

KARI JOBE

Kari Brooke Jobe (born April 6, 1981) is an American Contemporary Christian Music singer and songwriter. Jobe first began singing at the age of 3 and became a Christian at the age of 5. As she grew older, she attended Oral Roberts University, Christ for the Nations Institute and Dallas Baptist University and got her degree in Pastoral Studies and Psychology. In 2004, Kari came into the Christian music spotlight with her performance of "Revelation Song" while at Christ for the Nations Institute.

After graduation, Jobe accepted an invitation to serve as Associate Worship Pastor at Gateway Church, where she'd been attending for 6 years. Jobe was also a member of Gateway Worship, a Christian worship band associated with Gateway Church. Their live album, Wake Up the World, debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Christian Albums chart in 2008. Jobe released her self-titled, debut album on February 10, 2009. The album shot to No. 67 on the Billboard 200 and No. 3 on Billboard's Christian music chart. Since her first album in 2009, she has received one Grammy Award nomination and nine Dove Award nominations, four of which she won. In 2011, Jobe signed with EMI CMG Sparrow Records. Her most recent release is Titled The Garden.

These are her Albums:

* Kari Jobe - Released: February 10, 2009
* Where I Find You - Released: January 24, 2012
* Majestic - Released: March 25, 2014
* The Garden - Released: February 3, 2017

To Find out more about Kari Jobe, Google her today and check out more of her music! :elvis:
Last edited by PeekABoo on February 28th, 2018, 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 259

HangGlyder
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: CC_HangGlyder

Post by HangGlyder » February 14th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Thanks for taking the time to share these info! I found it interesting. Have heard of these but haven't had a chance to look into their musical backgrounds.

Hang.
word count: 30
Thanks Thammy for this sweet sig!

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » February 16th, 2018, 4:16 pm

Yay! Glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to read it! :biggrin:
word count: 13

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » February 19th, 2018, 10:46 pm

BIG DADDY WEAVE

Big Daddy Weave is a Contemporary Christian Band composed of Mike Weaver (lead singer), Jay Weaver, Jeremy Redmon, Joe Shirk, and Brian Beihl. The band met after college classes at the University of Mobile. The University of Mobile is a private, Baptist-affiliated university in Prichard, Alabama. Mike Weaver had been serving as worship leader of a Pensacola, Florida church and attending community college in the area. He came to the University at the urging of his Pastor, and decided to study voice. Big Daddy Weave's first gig was in September of 1998.

Over the years Big Daddy Weave has topped with five consecutive No. 1 singles, including:
Love Come To Life
Redeemed
The Only Name (Yours Will Be)
Overwhelmed
My Story

Redeemed became an anthem of unprecedented impact when it spent 11 weeks at No. 1, was dubbed “Song of the Year” at the first annual K-LOVE Fan Awards, earned Dove Award and Billboard Music Award nominations and was certified Gold by the RIAA.

Since the band formed, Big Daddy Weave members Mike Weaver (lead vocals, guitar), Jay Weaver (bass, vocals), Jeremy Redmon (guitar, vocals), Joe Shirk (saxophone, keys, vocals) and Brian Beihl (drums 2013-present) have released seven full-length projects, amassed more than one million units in album sales and have received numerous honors, including ASCAP and BMI Awards and the prestigious Rich Mullins Artist Impact Award, among others. Jan 25 – Jan 28, 2018, the group celebrated the 20th Year of Big Daddy Weave's first beginnings with their debut at Carnegie Hall. They have a full year of touring the country planned for this year to mark the occassion.

Big Daddy Weave Albums Releases:

* 2001 Neighborhoods Released: 2001 (feat. the Institutions)
* 2002 One and Only Released: July 30, 2002
* 2003 Fields of Grace Released: September 30, 2003
* 2005 What I Was Made For Released: July 26, 2005
* 2006 Every Time I Breathe Released: September 26, 2006
* 2008 What Life Would Be Like Released: July 22, 2008
* 2009 Christ Is Come Released: October 10, 2009
* 2011 The Ultimate Collection Released: September 20, 2011
* 2012 Love Come to Life Released: April 17, 2012
* 2015 Beautiful Offerings Released: September 18, 2015

To Find out more about Big Daddy Weave, Google the band today and check out more of their music! :elvis:
word count: 386

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » February 28th, 2018, 7:22 pm

JEREMY CAMP

Jeremy Thomas Camp (born January 12, 1978) is an American Contemporary Christian Music singer and songwriter from Lafayette, Indiana. His father Tom, a Pastor, taught him how to play guitar. Jeremy attended an Assemblies of God college in Southern California for 2 years and later earned an Associate of Theology degree from Calvary Chapel Bible College. After one of the worship leaders heard him play in the kitchen of the school he urged Camp to become a part of the worship team. Soon he led worship and played all over Southern California.

Camp and his first wife, Melissa Lynn Henning-Camp (born October 7, 1979), were married on October 21, 2000. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and died on February 5, 2001, when he was 23 and she was only 21. Some of his early songs reflect the emotional ordeal of her illness. I Still Believe was the first song he wrote after her death. Walk by Faith was written during their honeymoon.

On December 15, 2003, Jeremy married Adrienne Liesching, former frontwoman for The Benjamin Gate. They have two daughters and one son. Their kids are Isabella "Bella" Rose Camp (born September 25, 2004), Arianne "Arie" Mae Camp (born April 5, 2006),[20] and Egan Thomas Camp (born August 17, 2011). In 2009 the couple announced that they were expecting a child, but the pregnancy ended due to a miscarriage after three months. Camp is also an ordained minister.

* 2000 Burden Me Released: 2000
* 2002 Stay Released: September 24, 2002
* 2004 Carried Me: The Worship Project Released: February 10, 2004
* 2004 Restored Released: November 16, 2004
* 2005 Live Unplugged Released: November 8, 2005
* 2006 Beyond Measure Released: October 31, 2006
* 2008 Speaking Louder Than Before Released: November 25, 2008
* 2009 Jeremy Camp Live Released: November 17, 2009
* 2010 We Cry Out: The Worship Project Released: August 24, 2010
* 2012 Christmas: God With Us Released: September 25, 2012
* 2013 Reckless Released: February 12, 2013
* 2015 I Will Follow Released: 2015
* 2017 The Answer Released: October 6, 2017

Jeremy Camp has released 11 albums, 4 of them RIAA-certified as Gold, and 2 live albums. His original music is a mixture of ballads and up-tempo songs with rock influence. Camp has won 5 GMA Dove Awards, has been nominated for 3 American Music Awards, and was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album in 2010 for his album, Speaking Louder Than Before.

Google Jeremy Camp today to check out more info and hear more of his music! :elvis:
word count: 424

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » March 4th, 2018, 12:36 am

MANDISA

Mandisa Lynn Hundley (born October 2, 1976), known professionally as Mandisa, is an American Gospel and Contemporary Christian recording artist. Mandisa Hundley was born and raised in Citrus Heights, California. After graduating from El Camino Fundamental High School, she attended American River College in Sacramento where she studied Vocal Jazz. Then she studied at Fisk University in Tennessee and graduated with a Bachelor of Music degree with a concentration in vocal performance.

* 2007: True Beauty
* 2008: It's Christmas
* 2009: Freedom
* 2011: What If We Were Real
* 2013: Overcomer
* 2017: Out of the Dark

Mandisa's career in the spotlight began as a contestant in the 5th season of American Idol, in which she finished in 9th place. Idol judge Simon Cowell made several comments about Mandisa's weight after her successful audition. When Mandisa presented herself to the judges prior to the final cut-down to the season's 24 semi-finalists, she told Cowell:

"What I want to say to you is that, yes, you hurt me and I cried and it was painful, it really was. But I want you to know that I've forgiven you and that you don't need someone to apologize in order to forgive somebody. I figure that if Jesus could die so that all of my wrongs could be forgiven, I can certainly extend that same grace to you."

Cowell told Mandisa that he was humbled and apologized to her. This ordeal on national TV was one of the reasons Mandisa would later entitle her 1st full length album in 2007 True Beauty. She is the 5th American Idol alumna to win a Grammy Award for her album Overcomer in the Best Contemporary Christian Music Album.

Since her appearance on American Idol in 2006, Mandisa has made efforts toward health and weight loss. The title of her second album, Freedom, was inspired by her experience of overcoming an addiction to food. In 2013, Lakisha Mitchell, a close friend of Mandisa's, lost her battle with breast cancer. This loss hit her hard and it led Mandisa into a dark place where she virtually disappeared from the public. She didn't recorded an album for 3 years. In May of 2017, Mandisa returned to public view and began to open up about her ordeals. She poured out her soul as she talked about gaining back the weight and suffering with deep depression, including suicidal thoughts, after the loss of her close friend. Her newest album is entitled Out Of The Dark.

Google Mandisa to find out more about her and check out more of her music today! :elvis:
word count: 437