Computer issue...

Problems with your computer or anything else? We have a lot of skilled members that are very knowledgeable and might be of help!
Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Re: Computer issue...

Post by Imagine Wagons » October 2nd, 2016, 9:03 pm

Sounds like it might be a bios issue not a Ram Issue. I have had the same problem in my first motherboard (Very first), clearing isn't working, when you cleared out did you remove the battery and put the bios pins to clear? Also try letting the mobo sit in this configuration for 24 hours.
word count: 56

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 2nd, 2016, 9:27 pm

To be honest, no...I've been using the Clear CMOS button, but I'm going to short the jumper in a few minutes, and maybe remove a video card so I can take out the BIOS battery as well.

I'm still thinking it's possible it could be a RAM issue because with a different RAM configurations I was getting different errors. You know how once you get one debug error, and it just keeps adding new ones as it continues to try to post...

But with all RAM in appropriate slots I get the boot loop 04-55-60, which is (as I described) attributed to bad RAM or bent pins on the socket.
word count: 117
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 2nd, 2016, 9:56 pm

Well, turns out I don't even have the "keep data" CMOS jumper at all, I have no idea if this means I clear CMOS with every boot, (which wouldn't really make sense, would it? Seems like it would be noticeable if so)...Anyway, removed and 'shorted' the battery, and on BIOS a and b, same error code...What should I try next?

I have the internal components half taken apart, one of the fans in my push/pull, liquid cooling thing is off, one of my video cards is out, I've taken the heat spreaders off of all my RAM...And I've been following Kesa's advice and staying away from the live wires.
word count: 118

Eliter
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Eliter » October 2nd, 2016, 10:53 pm

Fix it with a sludge hammer; Go outside; Entertain yourself with things that don't involve electrical engineering!
word count: 18
~Eliter
Jesus wrote:father forgive them they know not what they do.

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 2nd, 2016, 10:56 pm

Eliter, if you can't post helpful information in a Help & Support thread, don't post at all. The adults are talking.
word count: 22

Kratos
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: joshfitz08

Post by Kratos » October 3rd, 2016, 9:07 am

NeoJabez wrote:Eliter, if you can't post helpful information in a Help & Support thread, don't post at all. The adults are talking.

To be fair, two others have made posts that weren't helpful either. Take it easy, Neo.

Hope everything works out, I was having similar issues about a year ago and I eventually just replaced my mobo.
word count: 61

shadowsbane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:9248565

Post by shadowsbane » October 3rd, 2016, 9:17 am

Eliter wrote:Fix it with a sludge hammer; Go outside; Entertain yourself with things that don't involve electrical engineering!

So you've learned your lesson then, have you?

Neo, sorry I haven't really kept up with this. If you don't get it fixed with the current ideas I'll jump in and see what I can add.
word count: 60

Dark
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:1711680

Post by Dark » October 3rd, 2016, 10:05 am

joshfitz08 wrote:
NeoJabez wrote:Eliter, if you can't post helpful information in a Help & Support thread, don't post at all. The adults are talking.

To be fair, two others have made posts that weren't helpful either. Take it easy, Neo.

I understand PC problems can be irritating. I'm sorry you're having complications, but I don't think it's right to pick and choose whose head you bite off.
word count: 74
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 6:23 -

Cptn Merika
Steam Profile: Cptn Merika

Post by Cptn Merika » October 3rd, 2016, 11:07 am

Dark wrote:
joshfitz08 wrote:

I understand PC problems can be irritating. I'm sorry you're having complications, but I don't think it's right to pick and choose whose head you bite off.

I think one Council commenting on it suffices as "enough said." No need for others to comment also :thup:
word count: 94
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

Dark
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:1711680

Post by Dark » October 3rd, 2016, 11:17 am

Cptn Merika wrote:I think one Council commenting on it suffices as "enough said." No need for others to comment also :thup:

And then a Council Advisor commented in order to also seemingly go against Eliter. I just evened the scored at two to two (two posts against his comment and two against him being singled out for posting something not "meaningful").
word count: 61
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 6:23 -