Computer issue...

Problems with your computer or anything else? We have a lot of skilled members that are very knowledgeable and might be of help!
Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member
Steam Profile: iamrobzor
Battle.net Profile: IAmRobzor

Re: Computer issue...

Post by Robzor The Walrus » October 4th, 2016, 2:49 pm

NeoJabez wrote:Might have to go to a local computer store to figure out exactly which part is defective, what a headache this is already!

I'm troubleshooting my new build at the moment, so I'm feeling your pain. I'm going to have to figure out where my issues are when I get home today. There's a decent store near me... but I'd still prefer not to pay for a diagnostic to tell me which part is DOA, then again I'm pretty clueless personally.

I found an awesome post on Tom's hardware that listed an absolute ton of troubleshooting stuff, I'll find it when my phone isn't almost dead and post it, in case someone here hadn't already given something from it.
word count: 131

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 4th, 2016, 3:19 pm

I'd appreciate it. I mean...My mobo is turning on, but I can't say for sure the RAM slots are okay, or the BIOS for that matter.

Can't properly test the memory, so I might have to go to the computer store, which rankles because I don't want to pay somebody for something I could do, with the proper equipment.
word count: 64
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Robzor The Walrus » October 4th, 2016, 5:46 pm

Well, I figure even if it isn't useful for one of us, it's a really good resource to have posted anyway.

It's looking like my issue was a DOA PSU, so I think I'm set, checking tomorrow with a friend's spare. Just got home, I'll find the post now.
word count: 55

Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Robzor The Walrus » October 4th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Okay, phone post at 3% battery, making it fast. Someone can pretty it up later if they want.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26114 ... o-problems

It didn't look relevant to your issues, but I already got it so...
word count: 39

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 4th, 2016, 5:55 pm

I'll check it out either way, I always like troubleshooting info...I mean, I fix other people's issues all the time, because their issues are rarely dead parts like this.
word count: 32

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 4th, 2016, 6:12 pm

I still may try the "remove everything but the main components thing" as I got really close to that before, just not all the way.

Again, I get power for sure, all fans and lights running, but the mobo is tossing error codes. The thing is that it's tossing RAM error codes. I think I'll be going to the computer store mainly because I don't have another machine that I can test this RAM in, or more RAM of this type to test my slots. Excellent post you shared, though, Rob...
word count: 94

Robzor The Walrus
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Robzor The Walrus » October 4th, 2016, 9:12 pm

NeoJabez wrote:I think I'll be going to the computer store mainly because I don't have another machine that I can test this RAM in, or more RAM of this type to test my slots. Excellent post you shared, though, Rob...

Found it while sorting my issues, just had to find it again.

I talked with my local repair shop, and he said he'd test my mobo and PSU for free, so I'm hitting that tomorrow, but I double checked everything construction wise today so I know something is DOA(or at least sort of defective).
word count: 100

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 4th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Seems like 90% of the MSI mobo owners with these codes end up getting new mobo AND ram, and then have zero problems. So it might be an issue with this series of mobos. I'm still trying every piece of advice given in all the MSI forum threads though. heh
word count: 51

Kratos
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: joshfitz08

Post by Kratos » October 5th, 2016, 8:35 am

The mobo that I had to replace was a MSI, also. I was having similar issues and I finally gave up trying to figure it out and just replaced it. Problems all went away.
word count: 34

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » October 5th, 2016, 11:07 am

Strange. Cappi man was quick to recommend them :P (Not saying bad on you Cappi... maybe the company has changed :( ).

Robo, you ungplugged everything except for psu/mobo/ram/cpu and still didn't boot?

This is pretty rough.. sorry to hear D: . Make sure you have your power pins right too. One time I didn't plug in my cpu power pins right and it started smoking... everything was okay though lol.

Best of luck!
word count: 75
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK