CC Artists?

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

CC Artists?

Postby NeoJabez » September 28th, 2017, 9:55 pm

For a very long time, ACE was CC's 'artistic sub-group'. ACE stands for Artistic & Creative Endeavors, and we even had a separate website for all of our signature competitions and music submissions, and more.

ACE sort of fell by the wayside as many of our artists moved on, went to college, got married, etc. Also, CC was WAY BIGGER and consisted of quite a few more active members at the time.

So, I'm putting out a call for all CC artists, digital or otherwise...

I know people want you to make them something from time to time. I know that your skills require your time and energy just like anyone else's work takes theirs. So, I'm not asking lightly, 'just because you have some time', or whatever....I'm asking you to volunteer some of that time, skill, and imagination....

Have you visited our store? We could use some new artwork on our store items. In fact, we can sell more than apparel, but we have so few pieces or art in there, we've never done more than apparel.

Also, the way I have the store set up right now...$2.00 from every sale goes straight to CC's server bills, so people who buy items aren't just getting cool CC branded stuff, they're helping pay bills, too!

If you need an incentive, I could offer any artist who submits a chance to purchase an item with their artwork AT COST, with no additional profit added. So...You could submit something that could bring a small amount of profit to the CC's bill account, if other people purchase it, and get your artwork professionally printed for you at the same time!

Anyone interested, please let me know.

I ask for very specific settings for digital artwork, so let me know. :)
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: CC Artists?

Postby DynamiteTiger » September 29th, 2017, 3:04 am

I'm always up for a creative challenge. I'm assuming you need vector images though and that may be a problem for me. I don't currently have Illustrator. I might have an old version somewhere but I haven't used it in years. Photoshop stuff I can do no problem.
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Postby NeoJabez » September 29th, 2017, 3:17 am

Actually, I generally use Photoshop for my designs. I have never actually gotten around to learning Illustrator myself, which surprises me almost as much as it surprises other people.

I can accept psds, my guidelines though, are very high resolution.

Generally, anything created should be on a document about 9.9 inches wide, 14 inches tall, and no less than 300dpi. This makes for superb, basically lossless quality when printed on clothes. (And obviously transmits very well to other mediums, too. Like die-cut stickers, mugs, etc.) I can probably accept different sizes, but I'm firm on the 300dpi. I don't choose these sizes arbitrarily, by the way...I've been using them for 3 or 4 years, and the quality at these sizes is definite.

Since the documents are so high DPI, we will still have the kind of sharpness we need.

The other great things is that we aren't limited to vector artwork...I've created t-shirt designs in Photoshop using DTG printing that had flames and fire on them, photographic renders of real people, and more, and it looked absolutely excellent on the end designed black t-shirt.

If we were to delve into actual screen printing or even embroidery later, obviously that would require more of the vector type of thing.

On the other hand, if you are familiar with vector artwork, and want to design that way, there's always the free alternative to Illustrator (though it has a bit of a learning curve), called Inkscape. https://inkscape.org/en/

Anyone seeking more information, or more specificity in what types of designs we should be 'going for', let me know, and I can point you in the right direction. :)

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Postby DynamiteTiger » September 29th, 2017, 3:22 am

I'll look into Inkscape but like you, I much prefer PS. The high res won't be an issue. Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll start working on it this weekend sometime.

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Postby NeoJabez » September 29th, 2017, 3:59 am

Might have to PM you some ideas, and maybe brainstorm with you soon. I don't want to throw all my ideas out for public consumption. I'd rather people be surprised by new stuff! heh

Kesarahk

Postby Kesarahk » October 20th, 2017, 2:45 pm

NeoJabez wrote:...anything created should be on a document about 9.9 inches wide, 14 inches tall, and no less than 300dpi.

I ask for very specific settings for digital artwork, so let me know. :)

In light of Scribe's recent post, I feel like I should take note of these settings, especially for T-shirts.

Just in case.

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Postby DynamiteTiger » October 20th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Kesarahk wrote:
NeoJabez wrote:I ask for very specific settings for digital artwork, so let me know. :)

In light of Scribe's recent post, I feel like I should ask for these settings, especially for T-shirts.

Just in case.

2970 x 4200 px, or 9.9 x 14 inches. Most importantly, Resolution must be 300px/in.

Kesarahk

Postby Kesarahk » October 20th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Thanks for translating it into pixels! :)

I can do that and larger as long as I don't make a 20-layer cake.

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Postby NeoJabez » October 20th, 2017, 5:25 pm

We'd love anything you can volunteer! And please understand that's what you're doing! All artwork submitted to CC for the store becomes basically CC's copyright in perpetuity, sort of. I mean, it's still your work, and you could alter it, etc...But CC will actually (hopefully) make money off of your design!

And for those not so artistic people...We love ideas! If you can't make artwork, but you have an awesome idea, please drop us a note! Or post here! We'd love to hear what you've thought up!

Return to “Arts & Graphics General Discussion”