ACE's New Website/Forums!

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

ACE's New Website/Forums!

Post by NeoJabez » April 21st, 2016, 6:52 pm

For those of you that may not know, I've been hard at work creating a NEW ACEv3 website and forums.

http://ace.ccgaming.com/forums/

It's a pretty cool site, and I'd love for you to visit it, even if you're not an artist.

Having said that, there are a lot of things about the site that may not make sense to you right away, so I've created a Starter Guide, which you should definitely check out.

The Starter Guide video has been updated as of today, 4/21/16, but I'm always adding little touches, and moving things in such a way that the design will make the most sense.

Please stop by and tell me what you think! (The Starter Guide is on the menu when you first get to the site. The link should be easy enough to find.)
word count: 148
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Omegilla
Steam Profile: Omegilla

Re: ACE's New Website/Forums!

Post by Omegilla » April 21st, 2016, 10:05 pm

I'm interested in the site. Didn't want to bump the other one since its from last month. I'm wanting to develop my own writing skills, so I look forward to trying to post there. I've never really done much, but if anyone here is interested in reading my work I look forward to seeing responses. I've worked on a bit of original work and some, imo, inspired fanfiction. Also would look forward to discussing writing and literature if anyone here is into that.
word count: 88

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 21st, 2016, 10:08 pm

We used to have a Short Story of the Month competition, and I plan on restarting that alongside our graphics Signature of the Month competition.

We value writers as much as visual artists at ACE, so you'll definitely get some feedback. :)
word count: 42

Omegilla

Post by Omegilla » April 21st, 2016, 11:52 pm

So is the website an extension of this community, to be precise, or what? I'm curious.

Also, do you plan to expand the forums further? Like I think each section would have its own area for general talk for digital artwork, music, etc. Since many of them just have show-off areas.
word count: 53

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 22nd, 2016, 3:01 am

As far as the forum categories and sub-forums, I'll play it by ear, I don't want to overdo it, but also...Who knows how much traffic we'll get? ACE used to be 50+ people strong, many of those members aren't around here anymore.

ACE is sort of a sub-community of CC, yes. It's kind of it's own thing, but kind of connected to CC at the same time. ACE started out as part of the welcoming committee for new members, we'd make them sigs and avatars right away, and they would feel included, even while waiting on their applications to be reviewed and voted on.

It evolved over time into what I hoped, which was basically a community of people who taught each other, critiqued each other, and learned from each other.

Not to mention, we had SOMEONE from pretty much every type of art you could think of...the few times that our artists got together on projects, they usually knocked our socks off.

One of our most prolific writers, (I'm one of our writers/poets also...) is Robin. She drops in from time to time. Unfortunately, some of her best work from a gallery I've faithfully kept was lost when I lost a hard drive of mine. She had 10 short stories in our Media Gallery, only 2 of them are actually there. (This is horrible to me because one of the stories that is blank on my hdd was one of her Short Story of the Month submissions, and it was genius.)

Robin, if you see this, still have those old stories? Like "Blue Eyes"?

Anyway, I do the SSotM competition very similar to graphics competitions...We try to give a subject, or story element, or something that all the writers have to use in some way, and then let them go...And just see what they come up with.

In the years since ACE was first put together, it's actually kind of become my own personal design/photography/video brand, but only because as a group, most of our artists moved on. I really want to bring it back though, and thus, the website.
word count: 370

Reconize

Post by Reconize » April 22nd, 2016, 5:45 pm

Shadows, Thyramis, Fischer, Vivi, Co-Pyro, even Global got in on the action sometimes. We all had fun learning and doing work.
word count: 22

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 22nd, 2016, 6:53 pm

Indeed, not to mention Skippy, Stormfire, MickeyMouse, Foxrock, and tons more. :)
word count: 11

Omegilla

Post by Omegilla » April 25th, 2016, 8:54 pm

NeoJabez wrote:In the years since ACE was first put together, it's actually kind of become my own personal design/photography/video brand, but only because as a group, most of our artists moved on. I really want to bring it back though, and thus, the website.

Out of curiosity again, how do you mean by your brand?
word count: 59

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 25th, 2016, 9:13 pm

As in, I've done limited photography for a sports venue in GA. And I called myself ACE Photography.

And this is my computer:

IMG_0126.png
IMG_0126.png (467.94 KiB) Viewed 1562 times

heh
word count: 34

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » April 25th, 2016, 10:47 pm

I'm happy about the new website and hope to be involved. =)
word count: 12