Reposting my Straw poll, since theres two different ACE things...

Omegilla
Steam Profile: Omegilla

Reposting my Straw poll, since theres two different ACE things...

Post by Omegilla » April 29th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Posted a straw poll on the new ACE forums, but for maximum visibility I thought I'd also post to it here, since we have two different ACE sections. http://ace.ccgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=10

There it be.

Also, a question does arise with that: Whats going to happen to this ACE subforum if theres an ACE forum being made? Seems redundant to have both of these.
word count: 69

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Reposting my Straw poll, since theres two different ACE things...

Post by NeoJabez » April 29th, 2016, 8:09 pm

These will likely disappear.
word count: 4
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Globalkoas
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Post by Globalkoas » April 30th, 2016, 12:41 am

I haven't said anything, but I do have a question/s..

Is having 2 cc websites in a sense a good idea?? Personally I would like to see all efforts to keep all CC under one "roof".. With the goal to bring more people to the new website and then have another one :wacko: ?? Wasn't this the idea of having a new website, to bring content/look/etc ?? All the work going into redoing the website only to remove a section and pull people away from it seems weird to me.. I'm not trying to take away from ACE, but why can't ACE be pushed without a separate website??

The idea was to bring CC together, but splitting it up just seems strange to me..

Just think'n out loud..

OUt!
word count: 134
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » April 30th, 2016, 1:32 am

I concur with this, but should probably be moved to closed discussion :P
word count: 12
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 30th, 2016, 6:49 am

I like to have too many things at ACE that CC doesn't want on their website.

Galleries, Chatboxes, etc. ACE is separate from CC, so it doesn't necessarily fall under the "branding" change.

ACE has been pushed without a separate website and it fell apart and virtually disappeared, in the past with it's two previous websites, ACE did very well. I don't think it pulls anything from CC, only certain people, (usually artists themselves) even frequent ACE.
word count: 81

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » April 30th, 2016, 9:40 pm

I've always been confused about what ACE is exactly and how it relates to CC. If it isn't a part of CC then it shouldn't have been on our site. Not trying to be harsh here Neo, or rain on your parade, just trying to present, market, and support our community clearly. I, for one, will still want a 'Creative' section of our forums going forward so maybe we just rename this section so we can keep the history of post here. Also, if ACE is separate from CC then why would we, as CC promote it and showcase it?

Again Neo, I love you bro and love your passion and drive to contribute, I'm just trying to clearly understand ACE and how it connects to or relates to CC. If it is a part of us, then it should fall under us, if it is separate, then it should be it's own thing, I don't see how it can can be pushed front and center on CC communications as though it is part of us if it actually isn't.

Just looking for clarity.

in love bro!

..oxy..
word count: 195

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 30th, 2016, 9:59 pm

ACE is just the "Art People", much like Tykur's UMA was the mapping people.

I *could* and have been invited to add ACE to the CC Site to varying degrees in the past, but the main problem now is that, as a sub-forum, it doesn't work, all the members faded away.

If I were to, for example, add ACE to the new website, I would have to add tons more work to an already large task of getting the new website finished. I don't want to do that unless people really, really want it that way.

I would want to add things that would not aesthetically please everyone's idea of good design...I would want to make sure artists have ways of showing off their work, galleries, etc. ACE has almost always had some form of chatbox, we work and share tons of different styles of media, from swfs, to music, to photographs...I need a way beyond just a forums post for that to be in a clear state.

For example, the header graphic over at ACE right now will be replaced by graphics ACE members create. (I already have new graphics in the wings to rotate in, for example.)

Honestly, I have watched two previous ACE websites flourish, full of CC Members, and a few artists from other communities as well, and would love to see it happen again, but I don't see how it could be built into the new site and retain that. My idea of header art, and your idea of header art may not see eye to eye. You may not want music playing on your new site, etc.

And Oxy...Never, ever worry about how you'll sound, Brother. I look up to and admire your raw talent, and what kind of serious hours and professionalism go into your work. I am a dabbler by comparison, and am well aware of it. I always listen to what you have to say, for or against.
word count: 337

Omegilla
Steam Profile: Omegilla

Post by Omegilla » April 30th, 2016, 10:07 pm

Well this was not the original intent of my thread but... I will say it does seem unwise, to me, for the community to get split up. Admittedly this forum side can be looked over since its farther down but it'll be next to unseen by most people if its separated into an entirely separate site. Just two cents off the top of my head.

Edit: And since the topic got a bit off topic, I do hope people looking at this thread who are willing to read other people's work take the link and look over the straw poll. I just want to know where people are most inclined.
word count: 112

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » April 30th, 2016, 10:15 pm

I talked this over quite a bit with Council tonight, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make ACE integrated with the new (upcoming) CC site...

I may still have some of what you see at the current ACE site available in the new CC site, perhaps framed inside of new CC pages. (Hard to explain if you haven't built a site before.) We'll see what Stargater says about my ideas. heh

And personally Omegilla, I can't wait to see whichever one wins your poll, all of them sound pretty interesting to me. :)
word count: 99

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » April 30th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Haha :P A little off-topic indeed.

I think they could be embedded, and have a little bit of other ideas. It would be different indeed, but similar.

Forums would be linked, yes, and there would be a subforum. HOWEVER, something akin to what you have at (literally) http://ace.ccgaming.com/ would be one of the tabs at the top, and would even link to the forums-account... and then maybe, maybe even embed the discussions about the works of art into the forums :o

It would do some work, indeed, but would still be cool. I think what we have right now works, but it could be improved upon in the future :)

(as for forum linking, it's like this mirroring this).

I also voted Omegilla. Excited to see what you do!
word count: 132
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK