Reposting my Straw poll, since theres two different ACE things...

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Reposting my Straw poll, since theres two different ACE things...

Post by NeoJabez » May 3rd, 2016, 10:58 pm

Sort of, Oxy...Only because we try to experiment with the best ways to show off people's stuff.

One of the best things I think we ever did was the ACE Media Gallery v2. (It's in the collapsible menu over there), I can place music, text, graphics, photos, videos, and even swfs in that thing. And I have full control of the content. So, someone could win a SOTM right now, and I could add it to that gallery. It's a little outdated because it's flash, but it's one of the coolest experiments we decided to stick with. No matter what happens to ACE, I'm going to hang on to that gallery and put it up wherever ACE ends up. :)

I would say you're close to right, Oxy...Tham and I made two websites, but we used every skill we had in graphics, css, you name it...to give people those websites...So, the websites themselves were our projects.

But honestly...I welcome ANY idea you have, seriously. I really am open to your ideas, completely. (Regardless of how some of my posts might sound.)

Speaking of ideas...anybody want SPECIFIC tutorials on how to do anything? I mean, video tutorials on how to do graphics stuff, video stuff, how to stream, how to use the website, anything at all like that? I'm in the mood to make a tutorial...Let me know. :) If nothing else, I'll make another speed video of me making something. But I'm open to suggestions.
word count: 260
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » May 7th, 2016, 11:22 pm

Having it separated is both a good thing and a huge gamble, in my opinion ... People may not visit the site, or decide it's just too much trouble to click through to another site. One Council Member basically said that logging in to CC related websites twice in a row seemed silly to him. It's a good point.

Hey, I didn't read everything carefully (slight wall of text syndrome) and being new I'm not up to speed on the history behind this, but the paragraph above caught my attention. Wish I could give you a carefully thought out clear headed post but if I don't do this now I'll never do it, haha.

I'm one of the artsy people. I play a few games, but I do it to be with people rather than to play games. It would be a dream come true to have an environment similar to CCG but with art as the focus -- where I could find people to draw with me and not have to worry about the subject matter they'd beeline to, or whether they'd start dropping the f-bomb and ruin the collab session for me. CCG does that for me with games; it's a safe environment, and if anyone bothers me I can go to the admins and they'll take care of it immediately. I have an account on an art-themed website but partly for the reasons I just mentioned, I don't go there much lately. I don't have the energy to sift through the junk.

In short, the thought of that environment was enough for me to make an account at the ACE website, even though it meant keeping track of another password and even though the website isn't fully functional yet. I want to be around other artists who have clean minds. I hope it can be part of or affiliated with CCG in some way as they share the common themes of creating a relatively safe Christian environment for topics/activities which are usually dominated by the secular world.

Guess I created my own wall of text. XD

TLDR: An additional account at a website like ACE would be worthwhile to me if that's what I need to do to be around other Christian artists, though I hope the websites can be affiliated in some way because they are both structured around 1) Christianity and 2) themes usually dominated by secular thought. For me the two sites would not "compete" because games can't replace art and art can't replace games.
word count: 439

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » May 8th, 2016, 12:33 am

Kesarahk...

You have basically hit ACE's Mission perfectly in your above post. At it's height, ACE had artists from the Christian Crew, |ISI|, [WWA], and more. Each of those communities had their own little art sections in their forums, where if they had enough artists, they had contests and the like...

But ACE's wider breadth of content, like galleries, music, tutorials, and more, brought artists from all of them to ACE.

Since it hasn't been said anywhere else since ACE was on its second website, we also have more draconian rules. What I mean by that is that when it comes to anything negative about Christianity, anything negative about the opposite sex, any of that stuff, you'll find the toleration level to be far below that of CC itself. CC tries to give people forgiveness and this is a good thing. ACE will ban you right away for breaking those rules.

Why? Because ACE is smaller. Because there's an obvious line between creating a piece of art that is artistic, and a piece of art that makes someone squirm or feel uncomfortable. Art is expression beyond mere communication, and so, the rules at ACE kick in much quicker.

Having said all of that, since the ACEv3 website has been up, three people I haven't heard from much since ACE was last running have shown up and signed up. Reconize has been jumping in over there, and obviously Kesarahk thinks it's a good idea. (By the way, I did *NOT* in any way solicit Sakura to make her 'creative person' post...I think she really sees the idea behind ACE and wants to see it thrive, so she simply made her own invitation.)

Again, the 'dream' behind ACE is that one day we'll film a small movie, scripted by ACE writers, with video effects and editing by ACE artists, with all artwork, music, and photography by ACE members, with posters and more made by ACE artists, and blah blah blah. :D Stranger things have happened.

Thank you to every one who already sees the potential.

And Oxy, truly sir, I thank you for asking these questions, you are asking the right ones, I assure you. I hope my answers are decent enough.

Lastly, Omegilla, I'm so sorry we hijacked your thread...I'm still waiting to read whatever wins the poll!
word count: 399
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Omegilla
Steam Profile: Omegilla

Post by Omegilla » May 8th, 2016, 12:27 pm

*sniff sniff* Its okay...
word count: 4

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » May 8th, 2016, 8:51 pm

Soooorry Omegilla, I went and posted my sincere opinion just now on the ACE site. =)
word count: 15