Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Minutes from Christian Crew Meetings
User avatar
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations
Posts: 9514
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby NeoJabez » November 12th, 2017, 3:32 am

Minutes by:
108

CC Meeting: Saturday, November 11, 2017

Attendees: Cpt-Suicide, Globalkoas, Goatman, joshfitz08, NeoJabez, TheWingedScribe, Amroth, Dragonfire20, Ffootballl, GrizzGallant, cappiman, Crosser, Grid21, MJCaboose, TheDoctor, TigerSky100, Dagradon, Donut, DynamiteTiger, Floofy, Lynix, mandrakenk, Scrunch, SprinklesMiner, Wash, AlienYouth, SturmJager, Canley, Contempt, Pancakeman

Prayers/Praises: Grid21 - unspoken, mandrakenk - new audio board at church, and lots of volunteers training up on it and prayer still struggling with sleeping habits and need prayer to get good sleeping habits again, Floofy - continued work and success in artistic endeavors, also prayers for my family and friends in life, Canley - daughter having major operation on Nov 30, Neo - prayers that all of our non-believing members and all of our non-Christian guests will eventually meet and get to know Jesus Christ, and become full CC Members!

Open:

1) Kesa - Movie Nights...maybe a quick straw poll on the best night for this? Saturdays aren't bad, but a quick poll would be helpful. Honestly, I think Saturday was winning? Could some one correct me if this is wrong? Someone said that this vote was actually already over by the time the meeting happened.

2) SkyeRangerDelta - Let it be known that the EC group may have something in store coming in the next months before the new year. We've been gone, but we ain't dead.

3) Crosser - We discussed TS graphics, why they were changed, and similar stuff as per Crosser's original request. Once we figure out how to stop the randomizing of the php script, we will change the frequency from 60 seconds to something like 300 seconds. We still haven't tried animated gifs yet, we'll try that soon. If they work, we might have to make some nice little web banner style gifs. We thanked DynamiteTiger for helping out with the graphics!

Also, we discussed that Crosser is still putting together the Christmas ideas, and it appeared that Tuesday was beating out Friday.



4) DynamiteTiger - We briefly touched on the suggestion that people should plan their events and make sure that they announce them with a time zone range rather than just Eastern Times, so we don't confuse people. DT: "What I was proposing is that there is a standard of measure accepted throughout the community when it comes to posting times for events. They should always include PST and EST. The others can be included if space allows but those 2 should be a minimum."

5) Floofy - We shared Division Guidelines as we notice a lot of participation coming back to this game. https://ccgaming.com/about CC Leadership is actively considering a Division for BDO. The more people playing, the better. Some names were thrown out for possible DLs, and will be shared with the Council.

6) Grid21 - Possible Twitch channel, specifically on TS, so people won't barge in? Some people aren't okay with streaming in their midst. This was a very back and forth discussion with lots of ideas thrown around. Council discussed this in Closed and we have basically narrowed things down to a couple of possible routes. We'll try and make it clear how we'll treat Twitch channels or people streaming in any channel in the next few days. DT: "In retrospect Id like to suggest a combination of the 2 ideas. Create 2 rooms labeled for streaming. Make clear in the channel description that you should join by invite only and include the password. That way TS perms dont need to be changed to accommodate this."

7) Sort of related to the above, we had a few questions about the Twitch Application apps/twitch and whether or not existing Twitch channels could maybe work with CC, host CC, or vice versa, and more. Let's see if anyone applies to the team first, and then go from there. I would definitely suggest that folks like Grid and Contempt make the effort to fill out the application, just so we have a record. We'll firm up something for Twitch very soon, so stay tuned.

Closed:

1) Discussion on Twitch Channels in TeamSpeak. We are working with a couple of ideas here, and should have a definite announcement shortly.

2) Discussion on BDO. We have created an official BDO TS channel. We're looking at possibilities for Division Status.

3) We'd like to REQUEST that anyone who creates pages, groups, or other things related to Christian Crew, be sure that you list the access information with someone in leadership. The reason behind this is because we don't really want there to be "Orphan Pages" related to our community out there on the net that we can't remove, change, or whatever. Wash brought this up in open, talking about a Star Citizen page that's out there. Please keep in mind that anytime you use CC images or tell our story, or whatever, it's better to make sure that CCG officially knows about it and has vetted it. Particularly if the page or group or whatever might be considered controversial with anyone in our community.

4) We had a LENGTHY discussion on our Staff Groups, participation levels, criteria for membership to these groups, etc. Basically just deciding how long a person can be inactive before it's time we removed them from a role, and that sort of thing.


Ffootballl's Video: (Added to the CC Meeting YouTube Playlist.)

If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Image

User avatar
DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Posts: 346
Joined: June 22nd, 2017, 9:27 pm
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Contact:

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby DynamiteTiger » November 12th, 2017, 1:47 pm

4) What I was proposing is that there is a standard of measure accepted throughout the community when it comes to posting times for events. They should always include PST and EST. The others can be included if space allows but those 2 should be a minimum.

6) In retrospect Id like to suggest a combination of the 2 ideas. Create 2 rooms labeled for streaming. Make clear in the channel description that you should join by invite only and include the password. That way TS perms dont need to be changed to accommodate this.
...
192
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

...

User avatar
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations
Posts: 9514
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby NeoJabez » November 12th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Thanks, Tiger. I'll add those in for future reference.
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Image

User avatar
Scrunch
CC Member
CC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: September 24th, 2016, 8:33 pm
Steam Profile: Scrunch
Battle.net Profile: Scrunch#11921

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby Scrunch » November 12th, 2017, 4:34 pm

About the image size in Teamspeak, I didn't catch all that was said nor am I familiar with Teamspeak API's, but is there a reason to not dynamically size them? I just snatched this off stack, find height and width then determine what to use. Like I said I'm not familiar with TS so if it's not an option disregard this.
Image
Self proclaimed master of crappy MS Paint drawings.

User avatar
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations
Posts: 9514
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby NeoJabez » November 12th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Actually Scrunch, TS gives us three options natively...

To not adjust graphics at all,
To adjust but ignore the aspect ratio, or
To adjust and keep the aspect ratio.

The way the image banner thing is set up...It's only supposed to be set on ONE of those options for one stable image. Since we have 'hacked some php code' that allows us to rotate some images, it's simply easier that they all fit a certain standard size and shape, rather then having one of those three rules causing images of different standards to constantly resize and reshape the teamspeak interface to accommodate different graphics. Hope that makes sense.

Point is...we don't need to worry about coding height and width if we just make sure all of our graphics from now on are made off of the same template. (Which DT put together for us.)
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Image

User avatar
Scrunch
CC Member
CC Member
Posts: 143
Joined: September 24th, 2016, 8:33 pm
Steam Profile: Scrunch
Battle.net Profile: Scrunch#11921

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby Scrunch » November 12th, 2017, 7:14 pm

'Hacked some code' lol. I'm a fan. Use proper coding etiquette.
Image
Self proclaimed master of crappy MS Paint drawings.

User avatar
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations
Posts: 9514
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Re: Meeting Minutes 11/11/2017

Postby NeoJabez » November 13th, 2017, 3:10 am

Well, I probably shouldn't say we hacked code...We borrowed some code that's worked well for others for some time, and hope it doesn't break next time TS writes an update.

Great little link, by the way...One of my favorite parts is:

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Image

very agree, tantum vero, wow...
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Image


Return to “Meeting Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest