CC Meeting: Saturday, November 11, 2017
Attendees: Cpt-Suicide, Globalkoas, Goatman, joshfitz08, NeoJabez, TheWingedScribe, Amroth, Dragonfire20, Ffootballl, GrizzGallant, cappiman, Crosser, Grid21, MJCaboose, TheDoctor, TigerSky100, Dagradon, Donut, DynamiteTiger, Floofy, Lynix, mandrakenk, Scrunch, SprinklesMiner, Wash, AlienYouth, SturmJager, Canley, Contempt, Pancakeman
Prayers/Praises: Grid21 - unspoken, mandrakenk - new audio board at church, and lots of volunteers training up on it and prayer still struggling with sleeping habits and need prayer to get good sleeping habits again, Floofy - continued work and success in artistic endeavors, also prayers for my family and friends in life, Canley - daughter having major operation on Nov 30, Neo - prayers that all of our non-believing members and all of our non-Christian guests will eventually meet and get to know Jesus Christ, and become full CC Members!
1) Kesa - Movie Nights...maybe a quick straw poll on the best night for this? Saturdays aren't bad, but a quick poll would be helpful. Honestly, I think Saturday was winning? Could some one correct me if this is wrong? Someone said that this vote was actually already over by the time the meeting happened.
2) SkyeRangerDelta - Let it be known that the EC group may have something in store coming in the next months before the new year. We've been gone, but we ain't dead.
3) Crosser - We discussed TS graphics, why they were changed, and similar stuff as per Crosser's original request. Once we figure out how to stop the randomizing of the php script, we will change the frequency from 60 seconds to something like 300 seconds. We still haven't tried animated gifs yet, we'll try that soon. If they work, we might have to make some nice little web banner style gifs. We thanked DynamiteTiger for helping out with the graphics!
Also, we discussed that Crosser is still putting together the Christmas ideas, and it appeared that Tuesday was beating out Friday.
4) DynamiteTiger - We briefly touched on the suggestion that people should plan their events and make sure that they announce them with a time zone range rather than just Eastern Times, so we don't confuse people. DT: "What I was proposing is that there is a standard of measure accepted throughout the community when it comes to posting times for events. They should always include PST and EST. The others can be included if space allows but those 2 should be a minimum."
5) Floofy - We shared Division Guidelines as we notice a lot of participation coming back to this game. https://ccgaming.com/about CC Leadership is actively considering a Division for BDO. The more people playing, the better. Some names were thrown out for possible DLs, and will be shared with the Council.
6) Grid21 - Possible Twitch channel, specifically on TS, so people won't barge in? Some people aren't okay with streaming in their midst. This was a very back and forth discussion with lots of ideas thrown around. Council discussed this in Closed and we have basically narrowed things down to a couple of possible routes. We'll try and make it clear how we'll treat Twitch channels or people streaming in any channel in the next few days. DT: "In retrospect Id like to suggest a combination of the 2 ideas. Create 2 rooms labeled for streaming. Make clear in the channel description that you should join by invite only and include the password. That way TS perms dont need to be changed to accommodate this."
7) Sort of related to the above, we had a few questions about the Twitch Application apps/twitch and whether or not existing Twitch channels could maybe work with CC, host CC, or vice versa, and more. Let's see if anyone applies to the team first, and then go from there. I would definitely suggest that folks like Grid and Contempt make the effort to fill out the application, just so we have a record. We'll firm up something for Twitch very soon, so stay tuned.
1) Discussion on Twitch Channels in TeamSpeak. We are working with a couple of ideas here, and should have a definite announcement shortly.
2) Discussion on BDO. We have created an official BDO TS channel. We're looking at possibilities for Division Status.
3) We'd like to REQUEST that anyone who creates pages, groups, or other things related to Christian Crew, be sure that you list the access information with someone in leadership. The reason behind this is because we don't really want there to be "Orphan Pages" related to our community out there on the net that we can't remove, change, or whatever. Wash brought this up in open, talking about a Star Citizen page that's out there. Please keep in mind that anytime you use CC images or tell our story, or whatever, it's better to make sure that CCG officially knows about it and has vetted it. Particularly if the page or group or whatever might be considered controversial with anyone in our community.
4) We had a LENGTHY discussion on our Staff Groups, participation levels, criteria for membership to these groups, etc. Basically just deciding how long a person can be inactive before it's time we removed them from a role, and that sort of thing.
Ffootballl's Video: (Added to the CC Meeting YouTube Playlist.)