24 Hour Limited Time Giveaway

Post deals on electronics, games, etc. here. Check Woot.com daily!
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

24 Hour Limited Time Giveaway

Post by NeoJabez » March 5th, 2018, 5:48 am

I think quite a few members might find this useful, but it's only for a very limited time.

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ is a website that tries to bring people free software every day, sometimes two pieces of software in one 24 hour period. Oftentimes this software is very specialized, and only does one thing, sometimes the software license is only for 6 months, a year, etc. I try to check them out once a day, and have gotten some surprisingly decent software from them in the past. (To be fair, I've seen some really horrid stuff on there as well, but GOTD is a great marketing thing for small software houses to generate buzz for their products.)

Today's Giveaway is for a program that's really two in one.

http://www.goplayeditor.com/ Go Play is both a screen (and game) recorder capable of HD 60fps, but it also includes it's own Non-Linear Video Editor for the clips you take. So you can trim them down, add sound, and make your own montages!

Go Play is giving their PRO VERSION out with a 365 day license, but only today at https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/goplay-editor/

You download the software, and inside the ZIP file you'll find a readme.txt which points you to a second GOTD page where it will send you a license for your download. The first time you open Go Play, you have to find the License Activation spot to enter your code, and VOILA.

I have already tested this recorder (And the editor!) on both my desktop and in Battlegrounds. I may want to adjust my settings, and play around with my bitrate, but it looked REALLY clean and watchable!

Just thought I'd share! Get it now! Most giveaways reset at like Midnight pacific time, I think? Something like that.

*I would be more than willing to make short video tutorials on how to setup or use this program, or its editor, it's very simple once you know the basics. This is BY FAR the simplest NLE I've ever seen. Very straightforward.*
word count: 357
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: 24 Hour Limited Time Giveaway

Post by NeoJabez » March 5th, 2018, 7:02 pm

GoPlay claims that the recorder can record 4k footage, but I have yet to find how to set that. My tests of the software, though...I've gone through LOTS of game recording software, including software from:
  • NVidia Share (Shadowplay)
  • Fraps
  • Bandicam
  • Plays.tv
  • Cyberlink
and more, and this one is one of the simplest and easiest with the best overall recordings. The fact that it includes an NLE is just cool, in my opinion.
word count: 75
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria