Discord Organization Suggestions

Give feedback or report problems with our servers or website here.
Hudbus
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Hudbus101

Discord Organization Suggestions

Post by Hudbus » May 12th, 2018, 6:53 pm

This is a text version of some suggestions I voiced in tonight's meeting.

So, here we go.

1. A Calendar Text Channel. This text channel would contain a schedule of upcoming events for the week/month or whatever the council deems needed. All events such as Bible Studies, Meetings, etc. would have dates and times listed in here for easy reference. New dates could be added in instantly and would all be centralized in one easy location.

2. Reduce Unused Voice Channels. Some analysis might be needed to determine which ones are unused and which can be consolidated into a single event-based voice channel for general event use. (One for Bible Studies, Meetings, Prayer Meetings and Book Studies to share. I don't believe they conflict schedule-wise.) Any others could be relegated to our new (and somewhat fishy) Fishsticks Discord Bot's Temp Channel feature.

I'd say the Karaoke channel could be straight-up removed and replaced with the Temp Channel feature, for example. (Unless there are plenty of avid Karaoke channel users I've never seen.)

3. A Separate Category for Voice Channels.

Simple and straightforward, but it might be unneeded if we reduce the permanent channels down to 4.
word count: 205
Be Excellent to Each Other

Check out my Blog: http://theikim.com/

Globalkoas
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Discord Organization Suggestions

Post by Globalkoas » May 13th, 2018, 12:47 pm

I would think all this above should help.. streamline things and get rid of clutter..

:thup:
word count: 15
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg