Toj. Tuesday Nights...

Discuss things related to, or events for TF2.
The Mighty Gerbil

Toj. Tuesday Nights...

Post by The Mighty Gerbil » June 21st, 2017, 11:38 pm

So Peek hit me up to remind everyone about our existence so, like, here I am.

Hi I'm "The Mighty Gerbil" spy, map maker, creator of many tldr posts, destroyer of worlds, humanitarian, your future overlord and all around humble guy. Did I mention handsome? Nah that's a bit much even if true. You may have heard of me in such memes as "Someone Kill that @#S*! Spy" or "Yet Another Unfinished Gerbil Map".

Anywho I run Toj TF2 game night. For those who don't know Toj, Tribe of Judah, is that "other" Christian clan which has been around probably as long as Fish (I've posted here back when Stargater ran your TF2 chapter). We've been having a TF2 Tuesday every Tuesday night since 2007ish, the "ish" denoting the high precision I hold things to.

Server IP is 64.74.97.17:27015 .
Our TF2 game night is only on Tuesdays, 8:30 central.

Add me on Steam if you want to be spammed a reminder on our game night. Just know if the name on the friend request does not have a Fish tag I may not know who you are and will probably reject you.

Everyone is welcome that can follow our rules which are probably about the same as yours. If you really want to know I actually explained them here for grievers but you probably won't have a problem considering who you are. After Tuesday we sink back into the dimensional void until the next so the server really isn't used the rest of the week.

Truthfully our TF2 Tuesday is more chatty than it has been in the past but we still get a couple decent games in. Regardless if you'd like to join us you are more than welcome. Random crits and spread are disabled. Requests are taken for custom or stock maps as well as different game modes like prop hunt or fort wars. A partial map listing of the maps on our server is here. I generally take the stance of no one gets everything they want but everybody can get something they want, within reason, our player count, and the length of the game night. I don't bother with votes. If you'd like something added I can do it if the map is decent but hit me up well before game night if you do. I've also got a few exclusive customs I've made and tortur... um "entertain" players with occasionally.

I'll post here every now and then for a bump and if we add maps or something. Thanks Peek!
Last edited by The Mighty Gerbil on June 22nd, 2017, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 442

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:24936882

Re: Toj. Tuesday Nights...

Post by PeekABoo » June 22nd, 2017, 1:20 am

Toj. TUESDAYS

Hey! We have a wonderful neighboring Clan called Tribe of Judah that has graciously invited all our members to join them every Tuesday night! It's usually later in the evening around 9:30 Pm EST. They play a lot of custom maps and they have a lot of fun talkers on the server! I've invited The Mighty Gerbil to advertise here so we can know when and where for those that would like to join them on Tuesdays! So join us EVERY TUESDAY for
Toj. Tuesdays!

Last edited by PeekABoo on September 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 89
If God is for us, then who can stand against us?

Good Ole Bill

Post by Good Ole Bill » June 22nd, 2017, 6:24 am

I can confirm that ToJ are fun people to play with. Lots of FISH players have been regulars at their Tuesday game nights for some time. I encourage everyone to go and enjoy as well!

The Mighty Gerbil wrote:Just know if you don't have a Fish tag I won't know who you are and will probably reject you.

Gerbil, just be aware that many/most/the majority of FISH players are general public players that aren't CC members at all. The important thing is that they follow the rules, which are basically the same rules that we have on our server.
word count: 105

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » June 22nd, 2017, 8:41 am

Good to know! I know TF2 seemed to have slowed down here lately, so it's nice to have a bother/sister community doing some TF2 events! Good stuff! :thup:
word count: 29
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..

The Mighty Gerbil

Post by The Mighty Gerbil » June 22nd, 2017, 11:21 am

Good Ole Bill wrote:I can confirm that ToJ are fun people to play with. Lots of FISH players have been regulars at their Tuesday game nights for some time. I encourage everyone to go and enjoy as well!

The Mighty Gerbil wrote:Just know if you don't have a Fish tag I won't know who you are and will probably reject you.

Gerbil, just be aware that many/most/the majority of FISH players are general public players that aren't CC members at all. The important thing is that they follow the rules, which are basically the same rules that we have on our server.

Yeah we are open to everyone so there is no problem getting in the door. I just don't approve random strangers' friend requests... usually XD. Edited mah post a bit to reflect this.

PeekABoo wrote:Toj. TUESDAYS

Hey! We have a wonderful neighboring Clan called Tribe of Judah that has graciously invited all our members to join them every Tuesday night! It's usually later in the evening around 9:30 Pm EST. They play a lot of custom maps and they have a lot of fun talkers on the server! I've invited The Mighty Gerbil to advertise here so we can know when and where for those that would like to join them on Tuesdays! So join us EVERY TUESDAY for
Toj. Tuesdays!

Hmm I'm not sure what day our game night is on we should probably make that clearer. :P

Thanks for the post Peek :).

I'm off to ponder if internet posting has become the modern equivalent of scrapbooking. :P
word count: 272

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » June 26th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Toj. Tuesdays

Tomorrow evening around 9:30 Pm EST join us for Toj. Tuesdays! They play a lot of custom maps and they have a lot of fun talkers on the server! The Server IP Address is 64.74.97.17:27015 or hit me up on my friend list and join off of me. Also you could add The Might Gerbil to your friend list and join off of him! Either way, come check it out for some Custom Fun! :D

Last edited by PeekABoo on September 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 81

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » June 27th, 2017, 12:30 pm

Here's a few pics from last Toj. Tuesdays!
Spoiler! :

Last edited by PeekABoo on September 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 4 times in total. word count: 10

The Mighty Gerbil

Post by The Mighty Gerbil » June 27th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Pics or it didn'... wait there ARE pics! So it apparently happened after all!
word count: 14

The Mighty Gerbil

Post by The Mighty Gerbil » June 27th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Altered your file for you Peek... and like most things I do messed with it too much T_T. I've never worked with the .svg file format so I got distracted... hopefully it's what you want. If not I'll go back to basics.

word count: 46

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » June 27th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Haha... it's all good! :P I've just received this message!
[toj.cc]The Mighty Gerbil wrote:
Stop everything!
Don't move!
Don't look away!
Don't even breathe!

(You in Saskatchewan I saw you exhale)

...Because the best deal on Steam is about to pass you by!
Why pay money for a "new game" when you could play a game you already own, TF2!
That's 100% off without the arduous task of purchasing but wait there is more!
TF2 became free so if you purchased it before then that makes it 200% off!
Need expensive new hardware for those new games?
Not so with TF2 (hopefully XD) that's like 300% off!
Why play new games when you can play maps that look vaguely like new games on TF2?
BAM! 400% off and you're wearing a hat to boot or a hat shaped like a boot, your choice!

In conclusion join Toj TF2 game night now and practically pay off your student loans and mortgage.

Hey don't knock it this would make sense to some politicians. :p "
So if this message makes any sense to you, join us now on the Toj. Server! :biggrin:
Last edited by PeekABoo on September 20th, 2017, 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 198