BIG Fish Changes: Discussion Thread

Discuss things related to, or events for Counter Strike: Source.
AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Re: BIG Fish Changes: Discussion Thread

Post by AttolloDeus » March 17th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Personally, de_forest seems to be a server killer because most people don't like it X( I mean, even Ladyhawke sorta realizes it and she loves the map lol...

@Lady: That's a good way of handling alltalk. I like to turn it on with small numbers of people so I can greet them as they join, and then as things get noisy or people start to get strategic, the whole "will remove alltalk next round (TF2) / map (CSS)" is the best of both worlds.
word count: 86

entfy
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: EnTfy

Post by entfy » March 22nd, 2012, 10:37 am

Here is a common issue i have. you want us to minister in the servers but talking about the fundamentals of Christ is forbidden and relegated to the forums. Conflict?
word count: 30
If

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

-EnTfy

Nacho Cheese
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: NachoCheese

Post by Nacho Cheese » March 22nd, 2012, 11:01 am

Server Rules wrote:7. Do not bash or mock Christianity or any other religions.
12. Do not start debates in-game; please visit the CCGaming forums or TeamSpeak to debate. Questions, however, are always welcome.

Talking about the fundamentals of Christ is not forbidden. Debate which gets people angry with each other and makes the server not fun to be in should be moved to a better medium - the forums.

It's up to admin discretion, but not every question is meant to start a debate/argument flame war.
word count: 89

Goatman

Post by Goatman » March 22nd, 2012, 11:05 am

Entfy, you misunderstand. That has always been a judgment call issue. If they're asking questions for the sake of debating topics, we reserve that for the forums in every case rather than causing a big disruption. However, people seeking have always taken priority over gaming for me in the servers.

Basically, what Nacho said.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 59
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton

entfy
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: EnTfy

Post by entfy » March 22nd, 2012, 11:18 am

No I understand and agree with the rules. I'm just saying that it can be hard to minister when the people that don't agree with you cannot respond because it always comes off as mocking Christ. I was able once to have an hour long discussion in BIG2 just me and one other person about the differences from his native hinduism and Christ. If that had happened on Big i would have been forced to move it to the forums as it would be seen as mocking when really he has never understood the Message as he is not around it like many of us are.

Talking about the fundamentals of Christ is not forbidden. Debate which gets people angry with each other and makes the server not fun to be in should be moved to a better medium - the forums.

I'm just saying that sometimes the rules do make it increasingly hard to minister when someone not of Christ comes into the picture and wants to understand, maybe not accept, but understand. People are very passionate about their views and will defend them. It then makes people angry and the discussion must be stopped even if it is engaging as it has inflamed the tempers of other members and patrons on our servers.
word count: 217
If

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

-EnTfy

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » March 22nd, 2012, 10:16 pm

Entfy, one of our (my) problems is actually the way that people kick out all debate and discussion in game and push it to the forums. To be honest, in the BIG server a conversation like that may be horribly overbearing and aggravating in a noisy situation to the point that it is so much easier to follow through in steam or the forums. (Of course, that's when I like to switch to mute rather than free reign or bans)

I completely disagree with people who default every single spiritual topic away from the game servers and to the forums. However, there is a time and a place and sometimes the discussions in game go way too far into the realm of mob mentality attacks; everybody talks over everybody else. The rule doesn't mean "no debates" and it doesn't mean "free for all on debates". There is a healthy middle ground and both sides of the spectrum need to realize that. The quick-paced game environment is simply the worst communication medium I know of ^^

Ministry doesn't just mean debates, either. Not that you implied that, just making sure it is clear.
word count: 196