Big2 Maps

Discuss things related to, or events for Counter Strike: Source.
EDAC
Steam Profile: edac1

Big2 Maps

Post by EDAC » March 20th, 2010, 1:11 pm

One of the complaints I've heard about Big2 is that it doesn't have a lot of map variety. So, I would like to expand the selection of maps available on the server.

If you have any maps that you would like considered for on the server, please post them in this topic.

Also, I have received requests for RTV to be enabled on Big2. Since I know that people like having a variety of maps played on the server, I have come up with a compromise. Each week, a random subset of maps will be selected for the server (probably 6-8 maps). That will allow people to RTV without having the same maps played over and over again.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
word count: 126

TheFight

Re: Big2 Maps

Post by TheFight » March 20th, 2010, 2:39 pm

word count: 30
boo!

SARGE
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: sgtsarge

Post by SARGE » March 20th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Would maps that are around 120-150MBs when zipped be a problem? If not, then I know of several maps that would be good.
word count: 24

SoulWinner
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:22756490

Post by SoulWinner » March 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm

YES YES YES BOSTON I LOVE IT!!!!....Did i misunderstand? I personally would rather not have rtv in BiG2.
word count: 19

LongN3ck

Post by LongN3ck » March 24th, 2010, 12:54 pm

de_scorch
http://www.cevo.com/MAPS/de_scorch.rar

and

de_hydrofire
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/92115

Also, alltalk seems to be an issue on that server. After it turns off at 10 connections, an admin usually votes it back on. Perhaps you can configure dead talk - where teams only when alive, but everyone when dead. Not sure if it requires management plugin.

Finally.... Friendly fire... why is it off in this server but on in Big1. I know there was some discussion about this a few months ago, but FF should be on! ;)

LN
word count: 92

SARGE
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: sgtsarge

Post by SARGE » March 27th, 2010, 12:13 am

Here are two maps for review. Thanks Fight for the links.

de_wanda
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/19140

de_corse
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/18280
word count: 24

LongN3ck

Post by LongN3ck » April 12th, 2010, 1:11 pm

** BUMP **

Status?
word count: 2

Heie
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Heie » May 17th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Does Dustmilitary still exist. I remember playing it on fish big a few years back, but its no longer on any of the server maps as far as I can tell.
word count: 31

Tykur
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Tykur » June 28th, 2010, 4:06 pm

The whole point of Big2 is for s FAR more friendly environment, that is why FF is off and in my opinion should stay that way. I like the friendly environment that all talk can bring but when there is a lot of players, then I like the idea of all talk for the dead and team talk for the players like it used to be.

As far as RTV goes, i think with a bunch of unproven maps it would be better to have RTV so we don't have a lot of people leave the server when a bad map comes on or just a map most people in the server don’t like. If it is possible have it set to a high percentage required to change the map, maybe 80%.
I have started to play CSS a bit again and have not been very happy with the maps on the big2. Many are laggy and not well balanced with the routs not being very good. One of the maps was filled with doors to open and I along with another commented that there were too many doors. Many of the maps do not mark the bombsites clearly or at all.

The maps I have always liked have been VERY well balanced with several good routes to the bomb site so they are not too easy to defend and very easy to learn maps. That is the reason why dust2 is so over played because of its balance and good routes. It is hard to find good maps like that but over the years I have come across some very good ones listed below.

This is my opinion and I know you can’t please everyone but that is why we have these posts to see what the majority would like so please post your feelings (if you play or plan to play in this server) so the people running the server can make the server the way the majority will enjoy.

VERY well balanced maps easy to learn maps...
de_rush
de_russka
de_season
de_boomtown_uma4
de_losttemple
cs_kismayo
de_cpl_strike
After playing on the server for a bit now I hate to say it but de_dust2 would be a refreshing change

Other maps that seamed well done and popular in the past...

de_noahsark_uma3
de_nuke
de_piranesi
de_cpl_mill
de_cpl_fire
de_ipadu
de_eminence
de_revelations
knas_Sandland_CSS
de_3rdstreet
de_paradigm (very good but a bit small, should be fine with max of 16 players)
de_gristmill (very good but a bit small, should be fine with max of 16 players)
de_deltamill (very small but fun with about 10 players)
de_westwood_extend (popular but I hate how overplayed this map is)

The maps on the server that I do like are de_lost2 (a bit laggy but not too bad) & de_losttemple2

(all of these maps should be on the server but if not I can get them for you)
word count: 492

Mouse
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Mouse » June 28th, 2010, 5:36 pm

I agree with Tykur's points. I play in BIG sometimes, but I really prefer Big2. I mean, I can go anywhere to play competitively and seriously. But it's hard to find a place where I can just turn my brain to the off position and enjoy talking with other players. Sometimes BIG is like that, but it's kind of rare. You have people who are more concerned about winning the game than playing it, and more worried about killing all the other players then getting to know them.

Some of the new maps have issues. Such as being giant, confusing, and unbalanced places to play. I mean, some of them are neat. But maybe we should get a more stock rotation, and add new, unproven maps one by one... maybe like on, say, Saturday nights? Lots of people in servers on Saturday nights. It's just an idea.

Not to say that I don't enjoy BIG sometimes. But, if you'll allow me to wax metaphorical, it's got an atmosphere with an edge. Sometimes, if I'm in a rage mood, I'll enjoy it a ton. Mostly only when I'm in a rage mood, actually.

I am too unfocused to finish this post. I am le tired. I will edit this or post again later/tomorrow. It was a rough Monday.
word count: 228