de_losttemple2 secrets!

Discuss things related to, or events for Counter Strike: Source.
SARGE
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: sgtsarge

Re: de_losttemple2 secrets!

Post by SARGE » July 8th, 2010, 9:01 pm

[tab]15[/tab]After we got farther, no one bothered trying again.[tab]5[/tab] We know where 3 torch activations are.[tab]5[/tab] We know the 4th takes two people indicating either multiple locations or unusual height.[tab]5[/tab] After that there is a "simple mechanism" and then something should happen.[tab]5[/tab] If I am on Steam, message me and I will join you in the hunt.

PS. We better solve it since searching the interwebz for de_losttemple2 secrets brings this very thread up at the top. O.o
word count: 93

iink

Post by iink » September 8th, 2010, 1:53 pm

I love the easter eggs on cs:s maps. I never heard of losttemple2 having one. I know de_cpl_fire has one. You can see the room and it has an awp in it. Just never been able to figure out how to get the door open. There's also the very old de_cpl_mill easter egg trick. That one became very popular and either zblock was set to stop it, or they updated the map so people could not do it while in scrims/matches/pubs. I only know the mill one, and it's pretty entertaining when it happens.

Now you have me interested in the losttemple2. let me know if anyone figures it out. I'll give it a try some time
word count: 127
`iink.bot Sponsored by jestservers since 2007 www.boxface.tk #[o_o] not a clan/team but friends of friends & their friends Vegan Artist Gnostic pewpew fpser brat but not always in that order

Donut
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Donut » September 8th, 2010, 9:31 pm

I'd be up for trying again ^^
word count: 7
"I wanna see my blue pee." -Romans
I believe Romans has cat-hoarding issues O.o
I WANT AN NFL CBA NOW!

iink

Post by iink » September 12th, 2010, 4:48 pm

I went in and just loaded a server, no time limit, could put sv_cheats on to fly around and drop nades here and there. But I was unable to see any lights on, even when I naded the 1st part. I think due to my graphic settings and autoexec config. I am unable to see the lights or other things needed.

=[ I tried but ya unable to see certain things needed to figure it all out
word count: 77
`iink.bot Sponsored by jestservers since 2007 www.boxface.tk #[o_o] not a clan/team but friends of friends & their friends Vegan Artist Gnostic pewpew fpser brat but not always in that order

CreamOfWheat
CC Member
CC Member

Post by CreamOfWheat » October 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

did anyone do this yet? if not i wana join this
word count: 11

LongN3ck

Post by LongN3ck » October 27th, 2010, 12:02 am

I don't think anyone has investigated this further. You do have to be a T, with no CTs joined for anything beyond the 1st lamp to work. I'm not sure how much more people want to explore this, but I may try to email the map maker for more hints if we can't get any farther before Thanksgiving...
word count: 61

Heie
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Heie » November 10th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Hey iink, the reason that it didn't show the lights was most likely because you put cheats on. If i remember right, it didn't like it when you put cheats on. That and you can't have any ct's playing during the round if you want to get past the first light.
word count: 55

Stard00d

Post by Stard00d » November 8th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Hey guys, Stard00d here :)

I know this thread is long dead but I was curious today if anyone cracked the secret yet. So I was using google and found out someone cracked it indeed.

However it seems although you made the best progress you couldn't solve the last puzzle. So I figure the last mechanism was too hard? You had the right hints and ideas but still couldn't find it :(
Maybe I should have done the roof walking as last puzzle. Would be a little easier I guess...

Anyway I wanna congratulate you for your efforts and hope you had a little fun in the treasure hunt. I know I had fun while building it in :biggrin:
word count: 118