Why Insurgency?

Various genres of games ordered by Division.
Ryvaldus
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Ryvaldus
Origin Profile: Ew . . . gross
Battle.net Profile: Ryvaldus#1925

Why Insurgency?

Post by Ryvaldus » March 14th, 2015, 7:34 pm

I bought Counter Strike GO mostly because it seemed like a good idea. It is one of the more popular shooters in the the world and it looked like fun. I like it. I don't love it, but I do like it. Now I see that Insurgency is gaining steam to the point of beings it's own division.I think that this is a good thing. More games means (potentially) more people reached. I dig that. What I don't dig is why I should buy another modern shooter. I'm not saying that I feel like I should play everything for which there is a division, and I am not against this game in the slightest. I am asking why it is worth spending 15 bucks on a game that appears to be (at least from the cheap seats) very similar to one I already own. This one appears to be more realistic in it's lack of minimap and ammo counters, but surely that isn't it? Sound off and educate me. Sell me.
word count: 178

Broman
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: broman4097

Re: Why Insurgency?

Post by Broman » March 14th, 2015, 8:12 pm

You could wait until it is on sale and less than $15 (maybe 50% off). Then it is like the price of admission for a movie or roller rink to hang with friends.
word count: 33

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » March 14th, 2015, 9:35 pm

It's basically a much more realistic version of Counter Strike, but with brand new original PvP game modes. But I would argue that for a lot of people in CC, this game has some really fun 8 player co-op (called checkpoint). And finally, the price is $15 and it runs off the source engine, so it's really affordable compared to other $60 games and it runs well on a lot of different kinds of computer rigs.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 83
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..

Ongurth
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ongurth
Location: doing fun and exciting things, such as praying, writing, shooting, or Krav Maga

Post by Ongurth » March 15th, 2015, 12:44 pm

If you liked Rainbow Six 3 back in the day, this is very similar, only less buggy and more pretty. :)
word count: 20

Ryvaldus
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Ryvaldus » March 15th, 2015, 2:40 pm

That right there is a compelling argument. When next its on sale, I'll see if I can't pick it up.
word count: 22

Imagine Wagons
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:32234823

Post by Imagine Wagons » March 16th, 2015, 5:42 pm

This was also a Mod, you could check out the mod to see if you will or will not like it.
word count: 21

ScooterJoh
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:8810265

Post by ScooterJoh » March 17th, 2015, 3:23 pm

You could also always go to https://www.g2a.com/insurgency-steam-cd-key-global.html?reflink=scojohinsurgency and buy it cheap.

I think when I bought mine from G2A I paid a little more than 6 bucks at the time.

Never had any issues either! Just a though if you don't want to wait for Steam to have a sale!
word count: 62

Ryvaldus
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Ryvaldus » March 17th, 2015, 8:12 pm

This thread is now closed. A very kind CCG member had a spare copy lying around and answered my question in the very best way. This game is awesome and I anticipate dying a lot before I stop being terrible. Thanks all for replying.
word count: 44

Tykur
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Tykur » March 17th, 2015, 8:18 pm

Easter Sale? This game was really cheap when I bought it on the steam Christmas sale. Got a four pack for like $15 I think.
Also if you do get, go to the steam workshop and add the no swearing mod. Cleans the game up nice.
word count: 46

Ryvaldus
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Ryvaldus » March 17th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Thread re-opened! Thanks, I was dismayed by all the f-bombs. Loading it up right now.
word count: 17