Overwatch - Patch 2.03 - Year of the Rooster

Discuss CC game servers and divisions.
Cptn Merika
Steam Profile: Cptn Merika

Overwatch - Patch 2.03 - Year of the Rooster

Post by Cptn Merika » January 25th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Here are the patch notes from this week's Overwatch patch 2.03.

Code: Select all

New Seasonal Event: Year of the Rooster

Overwatch's Lunar New Year celebrations have begun and, for the next three weeks, we hope this seasonal event brings you happiness, prosperity, and (most importantly) lots of fun! Collect more than 100 seasonal cosmetic items from our special Lunar Loot Boxes, enjoy a festive fireworks display on Lijiang Tower, and get ready to capture the flag in Overwatch's newest brawl.

GENERAL UPDATES

General

— The "Stay as Team" button now lights up when anyone on your team clicks it

— Players can now join Team Chat from the Hero Select screen (Push "RB" on the Xbox One controller and push "R1" on the PlayStation 4 controller)

— Crouch now has a very small cooldown between uses

Communication Wheel

— Players can now equip up to 4 emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery

— Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed from within the Communication wheel

— Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to mouse buttons, unique keys, or controller buttons

Kill Feed

— Hero ability icons are now displayed in the Kill Feed
— Headshot eliminations are now indicated with a red icon

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

— Effect duration on Biotic Grenade has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds

— Biotic Grenade's healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%

D.Va

— Health increased from 200 to 400

— Armor decreased from 400 to 200

— Fusion Cannons' bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2

— Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11

Lúcio

— New Hero Option: Allow Backwards Wall Ride

— When enabled, allows Lúcio to start wall riding while moving backwards.

Roadhog

— Hooked targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates

— Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog's line of sight before being pulled

— Line of sight checks (which determines if targets are hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog's position, rather than the hook's position

Sombra

— Hack's cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds
— Time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds

There is also a lot of bug fixes, but I did not post them.

Personally, I love the nerf to Ana. She was way to OP for tank healer, but the nerf to D. Va hurts my feelings. Anyways, see you in game.
word count: 423
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

raider2473
Steam Profile: raider2473
Battle.net Profile: raider2473#1451

Re: Overwatch - Patch 2.03 - Year of the Rooster

Post by raider2473 » January 26th, 2017, 9:18 am

I dont really mind the nerf to ana's nade, I only use her for sleep darts :P. Happy about the D. Va nerf and the new reasonable roadhog hook. Lucio's thing is cool, and it looks like i can continue making jokes about how useless sombra is.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
word count: 55

Cptn Merika
Steam Profile: Cptn Merika

Re: Overwatch - Patch 2.03 - Year of the Rooster

Post by Cptn Merika » January 26th, 2017, 9:25 am

raider2473 wrote:I dont really mind the nerf to ana's nade, I only use her for sleep darts :P. Happy about the D. Va nerf and the new reasonable roadhog hook. Lucio's thing is cool, and it looks like i can continue making jokes about how useless sombra is.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Sombra is definitely that champ that falls under the "if you are good you're great, anything less than good you're terrible" player skill. Same with Genji. I have found very few actual good Genji players, and maybe 1 or 2 out of the tens of Sombra players I have seen.
word count: 109
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6