name change for uma

Source mapping discussion/showcases.
Jibber
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: kyriake

name change for uma

Post by Jibber » December 30th, 2011, 10:49 pm

ok the name uma has been around a while i would like to change the name to modders for christ but, has anyone got any other ideas as well i want this to flourish like it did in its former days and also build bridges with other christian gaming communities.
word count: 50

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: name change for uma

Post by NeoJabez » December 30th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Personally, I think that might be a mistake, as UMA is pretty widely-known, or was at one time. Plus, you have quite a few graphics that were made for UMA over a period of time, whether you'd want to use them or not.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Obviously the URLs are wrong, and they read "Mapping" instead of "Modding", but just saying...
word count: 66
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

I Chron 12_17
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:38214866

Re: name change for uma

Post by I Chron 12_17 » December 30th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I say keep the name of UMA but maybe add a subname to.

UMA: Modders For Christ

This allows us to be able to take advantage of those graphics and the subname allows us to declare a regeneration of the program without losing the established reputation of it.

I would like to suggest that maybe it be a requirement that somewhere in the map there is a scripture reference or some mention of something Biblical in the map somewhere even if it is just the name of the map, a secret room with the word "Jesus" or "John 3:16" hidden in the sky or something somewhere. Those who have played or would like to see what I did with that I hid a Bible reference in my map Animal Farm (the reference is in both versions of the map) on the Deathmatch RPG server.
word count: 144
I Kings 22:14
And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, what the LORD saith unto me, that will I speak.

(<8+k