The Christian Crew Council Explained

News and announcements from The Christian Crew
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

The Christian Crew Council Explained

Post by NeoJabez » October 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm

The Christian Crew is a fellowship community designed to be a place of fellowship for believers, a ministry and witness for non-believers, and an ambassador for all things Christian to both. It's a place of prayer, Bible Study, and support. Secondarily, it's a gaming community that strives to be fun and exciting.

Though it is NOT a church, the Christian Crew has had a "Council" as it's administrative and moral lead, since Tykur: CC's Founder, asked for those with the skills and will to lead to step forward.

The Council TRIES to be representative of the Community as a whole, we have Council Members of various ages, of both genders, and from a variety of denominations, from various locations from Canada, to America, to Great Britain.

However, the Christian Crew has never been, and likely never shall be a democracy. It has always been closer to a theocratic oligarchy. An oligarchy is a form of power structure in which leadership effectively rests with a small number of people. In our theocratic version, these people all have certain Gifts of the Spirit (as outlined by Isaiah 11:2-3), such as:

Wisdom: not easily misled by fads or the ups and downs of the world

Understanding: the ability of placing themselves in the shoes of others and assisting their Walk with empathy and compassion

Counsel (Right Judgement): the ability to calm disputes and repair hurt feelings and judge fairly

Fortitude (Courage): the strength to stand up against persecution, disagreement, or ridicule in God's Name and still proclaim His Message

Knowledge: the experience with the Word to always be ready to speak with truth and conviction

Piety (Reverence): someone with true humility who reminds us all that God is He in whom our trust truly lies

Fear of the Lord (Wonder and Awe): those who know God is Our Collective Father, and fear offending Him. Proverbs 1:7 "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

All members of the Body of Christ may have these gifts, but at any time, the current members of the Council, (as a group, NOT as individuals) may discern a specific quality of these gifts in someone and bring them into the Council.

The Body of Christ is made up of eyes, ears, toes, eyelashes, and so many other parts, some of which may seem less important. But without all parts, it would not survive, nor stand strong. Only certain people within our community (or any other) have the requisite mix of talents, skills, and spiritual gifts to be leaders.
Spoiler! :
*This bbcode currently not working because there is no https link.

Each member of our Council is a Servant Leader, someone who places themselves in an Elder or Deacon position based on their unique abilities. Elders should be peacemakers, prayer warriors, teachers, and leaders by example. Deacons should be taking care of everything else, such as maintenance, organizational tasks, (grunt work), ushering, being a treasurer, or just tending to the flock in a church or fellowship like ours. Elders are SUPPOSED to be a little hard-nosed as they are meant to: "preach the Word...reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching"
Spoiler! :
Deacons came about when the disciples realized they should not leave preaching and teaching in order to literally serve and wait tables in the congregation, (even Jesus Himself had other men pass out His miracle loaves and fishes while He spoke!), so they chose other men to serve and look after the more physical needs of the fellowship while the elders continued to minister to the fellowship's spiritual needs.

These servant leaders, Deacons, and Elders are all supposed to be individuals who are respectable, honest, good household managers who are not addicted to alcohol, are not greedy, who are generally the husband of one wife, or vice versa.
Spoiler! :

Open voting for Council Members would negate this wisdom and would likely bring members in who are not prepared for the true drudgery that leadership can be in our community. It's not about power in our community, (it's a gaming community on the internet, not a billion-dollar superchurch!), it's much more about administration, settling disputes between Christian Brothers and Sisters in a biblically correct fashion, and guiding the moral direction of the community in such a way as to continue to produce fruit for God's Glory, and not our own.

As the leadership of this community, we understand that we cannot please all people all of the time. However, being Christian isn't always supposed to be about being pleased. Sometimes, being apart from the world requires putting ourselves under the jurisdiction of a church, a pastor, or other leaders. Sometimes we like rules until they apply to us, but as Christians we are called to follow them just the same.

Please remember two last facts: 1) The Council is made up of humans like the rest of us. Error-prone, imperfect, sinning individuals who would be no more able to meet God in Heaven than anyone else, were it not for the Salvation of Jesus Christ. We make mistakes, too. We get angry and speak wrongly, too. Sometimes we do things we shouldn't, and don't do the things we should. 2) As leaders and teachers, the Council place themselves in danger of harsher judgement.
Spoiler! :

In conclusion, anyone is free to leave or join our community at will, but when you apply and receive tags that tell the world that YOU belong to THIS fellowship, it is tacitly understood that you follow the rules and regulations of those God has placed above you to run this community. We are all free to start our own communities if we wish, nothing on the internet itself holds us back. But the Christian Crew has been in operation, and producing fruit for over 8 years. We have faith we will have 8 more, if God wills it!
word count: 1026
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: The Christian Crew Council Explained

Post by NeoJabez » October 5th, 2011, 3:28 pm

I would like to add:

I *AM* the author of the above post. I was, however, given the job of composing the post by the Council itself, and the entire message above has been approved by the Council. These are not just some random ramblings of my own.

The post is in response to the nearly constant questions we receive in regards to how the Council arrives at certain decisions, why we bring in new members ourselves, without voting or membership opinion, and similar topics.

If you have further questions, please ask them and let a Council Member answer.
word count: 99

Final Asgard
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: FinalAsgard

Post by Final Asgard » October 5th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Great post, very well explained.

Open voting for Council Members would negate this wisdom and would likely bring members in who are not prepared for the true drudgery that leadership can be in our community.

+1 :)

As leaders and teachers, the Council place themselves in danger of harsher judgement.

As I have led other ministries this verse has haunted me, making me wonder if it is worth it. It should not be taken lightly by any leader.

I think you guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. :)
word count: 91
Ravi Zacharias wrote:The biggest battle you will face in life is your daily appointment with God. Keep it or every other battle will get bigger
Eternal Truth Ministry
Xbox=EternalVerita

Mickey Mouse
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Quiten

Post by Mickey Mouse » October 5th, 2011, 7:53 pm

great post and explanations Neo :)
word count: 5

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 6th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I'm a little surprised that there's not more reaction to this post. Almost 530 views and only a couple of replies. Before it was posted, we were constantly being asked questions about how the Council works, and so on.

No one has any questions or thoughts? It's okay to speak your mind, no one should fear saying whatever they like, it's your community!
word count: 67

Captain_Oblivious
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: steam_0:0:1946686

Post by Captain_Oblivious » October 6th, 2011, 7:49 pm

I would like to thank the Council Members for their time and service. You guys are the glue that holds this place together. I have nothing but sympathy and praise for you guys. Good luck in the next 8 years and beyond (if we are still here).

BTW, The term "guys" is meant to be gender neutral. :)
word count: 57

Ladyhawke
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:16754293

Post by Ladyhawke » October 6th, 2011, 8:22 pm

I have no problem being "one of the guys". :)
word count: 9
Love isn't what you say. Love is what you do.

ProSimm

Post by ProSimm » October 6th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Ladyhawke wrote:I have no problem being "one of the guys". :)
word count: 11

ColdBlood
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:34523857

Post by ColdBlood » October 8th, 2011, 7:30 pm

If i could help out with cc meeting recording something that would be great.
word count: 14

Nevik Link
Steam Profile: nearnfar

Post by Nevik Link » October 9th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Two things
1. is it that council has to follow the clan rules an whatever council rules there are so they are judged harsher when they do not follow them

2. Does the council have there own forum section
word count: 37