Three(!) new things to do in the Resource Section!

News and announcements from The Christian Crew
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Three(!) new things to do in the Resource Section!

Post by NeoJabez » November 8th, 2016, 12:09 am

I've been hard at work putting together two more interesting pages of content in our Resources Section!

We now have an MP3 Archive and a Link Libraryand even a nice Facebook Feed!

The MP3 Archive is a playlist of 64(!) old recordings from 2009 to 2013, most of them Bible Studies, but there's a Bible Study Debate and some CC Meetings there as well. You have the option to listen to these recordings on that page of course, OR you can download the tracks. The best option, however, is to hit the Popout The Player! button...This will give you a small popup window containing the player that you can have running in the background while you surf the web, post on the forums, doodle, or whatever. Give it a shot!

The Link Library is in direct response to our survey answers in which practically everyone said they wanted to see more apologetics and resources. The Library is full of links to all sorts of things, including great books, apologetic articles, online bibles, daily devotionals, links to fantastic free software, and even links to member websites and blogs. What's more, you can submit your own links, and if your submission is accepted, your name will show as the link submitter when it gets approved and added to the library! Let's take advantage of this great resource and add all sorts of great information sources to this library! I've already got us off to a strong start, now it takes YOU!

Most of the respondents of our survey mentioned they really didn't bother with CCG's other Social Media assets, like Facebook, Youtube, or Twitch. We've tried to bring youtube and twitch to the Resources section, so you don't have to leave our site for those things, and now you can view the last few posts on CCG's Facebook by checking out our:

Facebook Feed! This is a text-based feed that will not include photos or video (though there are links) since showing anything media oriented means buying the pro version of the facebook feed plugin. However, it shows the last few posts made there, and has plenty of links TO the facebook post in question if you want to see it there.

Please let me know here if you come across glaring bugs, or other issues. Also, feel free to post here if you have thoughts good or bad on these resources. I've been trying to come up with as much 'interactive content' for our members as possible, but if it ever gets 'too much' you can tell me that also.

I'd really love your feedback and it could lead to the next BIG THING.You never know!

P.S. ShaddaShk is hard at work catching up our Youtube Bible Study recordings, we should catch up and have those available soon! Stay tuned!
word count: 485
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Three(!) new things to do in the Resource Section!

Post by NeoJabez » November 13th, 2016, 2:40 am

I found a TON of old recordings for the mp3 section, so instead of 22 recordings from 2011, to 2013, we now have 64 recordings from 2009 to 2013! Some of them are debates, some are testimony nights, and more! Go give a listen!

If you'd like to submit links to our link library, please go right ahead, we'd love to have your input!

You should also check out our Facebook Feed page, particularly if you don't really hang out on our Facebook itself...We have almost daily devotionals, and event announcements there all the time!

There are more changes soon to be announced, but I wanted everyone to know we now have TRIPLE the number of old mp3 Bible Studies, going back 2 more years than we had before!
word count: 133

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Three(!) new things to do in the Resource Section!

Post by NeoJabez » November 19th, 2016, 12:16 am

An update on the Facebook Feeds...I have removed the plugin that was there, and instead have gotten code directly from my facebook developers account which allows us to show more of the feed, the way Facebook presents it. Same colors, etc.

There are also 3 "tabs". The Timeline, Events, and Messages tab. Obviously timeline lets you see what the page has posted, Events will be when we have new events in the future, and Messages...You can message CCGaming privately there...

Clicking on comments, photos, or anything like that will still pop up a new window or tab to Facebook, but it's very involved adding those things to the feed. Maybe later. heh

Part of the reason for the Feed is so that those of you who don't frequent Facebook, (or don't even have an account there) can have the convenience of seeing the recent feed, catching up with devotions and news that is shared there, and more.
word count: 161