Another new shirt in the store! (Attn Ark peeps!)

News and announcements from The Christian Crew
PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:24936882

Re: Another new shirt in the store! (Attn Ark peeps!)

Post by PeekABoo » February 12th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Hey Neo, can you post a link in this thread for quick access to the CC Store? Also, is there a way to zoom in on the Tshirt designs in the CC Store? I'm new to the Store. Some of the shirts have small writing and designs that are hard to see what they look like. I didn't notice any descriptions stating what verse is used on the Tshirt that would help out with small thumbnails to look at. Maybe I missed them.

Also for anyone else who has Tshirt design ideas, do you need a special program to make the designs or how can you create them? Also is licensing an issue we need to worry about with Game Themed shirts in our designs? Sorry lots-o-questions LOL!

word count: 132
If God is for us, then who can stand against us?

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 13th, 2018, 1:37 am

PeekABoo wrote:Image

Hey Neo, can you post a link in this thread for quick access to the CC Store? Also, is there a way to zoom in on the Tshirt designs in the CC Store? I'm new to the Store. Some of the shirts have small writing and designs that are hard to see what they look like. I didn't notice any descriptions stating what verse is used on the Tshirt that would help out with small thumbnails to look at. Maybe I missed them.
The store is 'built-in' to our website at: https://www.ccgaming.com/media/the-cc-store/ but I can also show you larger versions of store designs anytime you like...(You are correct that our site store doesn't really have zooming, and it should...One of the reasons I might change our printer in the future, I'm looking into possibilities.) You can also go straight to the printer's website and search for designs, so, let's say you wanted to see the Ark Taming design a little bigger...You would actually go to http://www.galloree.com and search for "ark taming". Once you land on the page, you just:

The ACTUAL link to the Christian Crew Store on our printer's website (not embedded here) can be found at:

http://www.galloree.com/Shops/Christian ... /index.php

PeekABoo wrote:Also for anyone else who has Tshirt design ideas, do you need a special program to make the designs or how can you create them? Also is licensing an issue we need to worry about with Game Themed shirts in our designs? Sorry lots-o-questions LOL!

Most of our designs are made using programs like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. There are dozens of other programs, (and quite a lot that aren't nearly as expensive, including a free one or two) that can make them also, the thing is...the designs have VERY specific parameters.

If you would like any of these programs, let me know, and I'll link them, but keep in mind there's a learning curve to graphics.

The better idea, of course, is to let our existing CC artists hear your ideas, and give them a try to create your design. I would love any ideas people have for new stuff!.

When it comes to licensing issues and that sort of thing...it's touchy...For example, I think DT's Ark shirt is perfectly fine in every way, EXCEPT for the actual Ark logo. No one can force anyone to license or copyright protect dinosaurs or similar creatures, or any of the visuals in his design. The only thing they could possibly take issue with is that logo. Since many in our community and friends have bought and play the game, and promote purchase and play of the game, it could be argued that using the Ark logo falls under "fair use".

If anyone from Ark came to us and asked us to stop selling those shirts, we would do so immediately. At the moment though, 90% of the design is unique artwork put together by DT, not the ARK folks.

So, if you wanted to talk about the two TF2 designs mentioned above, for example...I'd be far more interested in the "Medic" design than the one that has an actual TF2/Valve Logo involved. The one on the orange shirt has a logo, and silhouettes of all their characters. Those are all their intellectual property, and something we can't use. The medic shirt is just a plus symbol in a circle with "MEDIC" spelled in a very TF2-ish font. See the difference?

Hope this post helped, and I am ALWAYS available for these types of questions, anyone is more than welcome to ask away! (And I do graphics tutorials, if people have programs and want to learn anything!)

Let me know if you'd like more info on some of the programs you might use to create the types of designs found on our t-shirts.
word count: 679
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » February 13th, 2018, 8:16 pm

I'm interested to see what designs someone can come up with for my ideas for a shirt then, since I have no experience with any of those programs. I'd like to use something similar to the Medic shirt design. Maybe it could be on the pocket area or on the back or even where it already is... not sure open to suggestions when you try it. The verse I'd like to use is Proverbs 12:18. The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Let me know if anyone is interested to take this on. :biggrin:

word count: 106

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Post by DynamiteTiger » February 13th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I'd be more than happy to Peek. Give me a bit of time.. a week or two and Ill send you a PM with a draft copy to see if its what you're looking for. :)

Btw Grizz the edit on the colour for the Ark shirt is done. Neo should have that up on the store soon.
word count: 59

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » February 13th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Cool thanks.
word count: 2

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 13th, 2018, 11:53 pm

If you are referring to the second shirt with black type on the back instead of orange? It's been up, it's called Ark Taming 2. :)

http://www.galloree.com/Artworks-Ark-Ta ... 150445.php
word count: 36
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » March 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm

LOL! Who made that Ffootball shirt in the Store? I literally laughed out loud! :D BTW any updates on the Medic shirt?
word count: 21

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 3rd, 2018, 10:09 pm

PeekABoo wrote:LOL! Who made that Ffootball shirt in the Store? I literally laughed out loud! :D BTW any updates on the Medic shirt?
Honestly, Im sorry I forgot about it among my other projects. Will get started on that asap.
word count: 40

PeekABoo
CC Member
CC Member

Post by PeekABoo » March 3rd, 2018, 10:15 pm

LOL! No worries. Life is busy! ^_^
word count: 6

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » March 5th, 2018, 5:52 am

My new shirt came in and I very much like it. Thank you DT.

word count: 14