DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: The move to Discord.

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 22nd, 2018, 8:40 pm

Some of us that play Ark have been using the Discord server to try and get used to it. A little tip for those finding that everyone is extremely loud, we have found changing your output volume to 15% is comparable to TS. You can find that under the cog wheel beside your name in the bottom left corner then under Voice & Video.

Question on Discord: Is there a way to send messages to those in a voice room? In TS if we're discussing something we often would post links or text for the room to see. We can't see a way to do that in Discord aside from sending a PM to each individual.
word count: 117

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » March 22nd, 2018, 10:15 pm

Re the second paragraph, a few of us have been just agreeing to use a certain text channel, say Hangout, and we direct all text there.

Great tip about the output volume! I've had to turn everyone down so much XD Thanks!
word count: 43

Kratos
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: joshfitz08

Post by Kratos » March 22nd, 2018, 10:16 pm

The text chats and voice chats are separate in Discord. You can post in the #hangout channel or we can look at creating an #ArkChat channel or something.
word count: 28

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 22nd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Kratos wrote:The text chats and voice chats are separate in Discord. You can post in the #hangout channel or we can look at creating an #ArkChat channel or something.
But then everyone would need to leave the voice chat and join the Ark text chat channel to see the posted message correct? If thats the case, I guess we'll just have to get used to sending PMs.
word count: 69

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » March 22nd, 2018, 10:32 pm

No, you can flip between text channels while remaining in the same voice channel. =)
word count: 14

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » March 22nd, 2018, 10:36 pm

Oh. Okay. We'll have to try that then. Thanks.
word count: 10

Kratos
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: joshfitz08

Post by Kratos » March 22nd, 2018, 11:50 pm

Yea. We would really like to limit our channels. We would prefer you use the #hangout channel for this sort of thing, but you can be in a voice channel and text channel at the same time.
word count: 37

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » March 23rd, 2018, 9:37 am

I feel that at this point, this thread needs this:

I've taken the time to record a (relatively) short video on the basics of Discord and how to use the Fishsticks bot. There's a number of questions people have that I've attempted to answer. Since I've recorded it, even more have shown up.

TS does have a channel limited text chat, Discord doesn't limit that, you can chat in any text channel you wish simply by clicking on it. The tutorial will explain part of this. Text channels are denoted by the "#" pound and voice channels are denoted by the speaker icons. Despite being connected to voice, switching text channels does nothing. Clicking on another voice channel will move you.

Here's the tutorial, it's been posted in the CC Discord announcements channel last night:
word count: 141
"Shoot him! Now please!"

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » March 25th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Hey, everyone! First, long time no see. Sorry about that.. about all I can say is life, work, and some side hobbies have been getting in the way but that's a story for another thread.

I wanted to chime in here and say how thrilled I am to see CC making a switch to Discord. The older I get, the more casual I am when it comes to games. I spend an hour maybe two and then I have to hop off for other projects or family time.

That being said, I have discord open pretty much ALL the time. I have a couple other small groups I hang out with on different nights of the week and Discord makes it easy for us to take a glance in and see what people are up to. It's just sort of always there and making me feel connected.

So, with CC making that change, it really has encouraged me to try and get back into things with you all. I don't feel like I have to log into TS to see what people are doing and it's something I'm already using. It makes it easy to connect via text chat if I don't feel like jumping into voice. It's like it's all the great things about TS, Forums, and steam all together.

I'm trying not sound like a complete fanboy but I think Discord will be really good for CC. It's not the ONLY thing making me come back but it is part of the equation. Making it easier to hang out and play some things casually. I know there are inevitably some growing pains that can happen from such a change, but I think its one that is ultimately good.

That is all!
word count: 303

KustomElvis

Post by KustomElvis » March 25th, 2018, 3:55 pm

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (192 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
word count: 7