Three plugin suggestions

Discuss things related to, or events for our Minecraft Division. DL: ???
Goatman

Three plugin suggestions

Post by Goatman » October 19th, 2014, 12:51 am

Hey, I know I haven't played on our minecraft server much, but I would like to. I had a few plugin ideas, that I wanted to know if the community would be overly approving or adverse to.

1. MCMMO. A fun way to build stats as you play.

2. Residence mod. This will allow players to designate areas that are unquestioningly their own.

3. Admin plugins. I'm not sure what plugins specifically to recommend here, but I know there are a multitude of plugins that will allow us to designate various permission levels in order to better moderate the server.

4. Dynmap. It loads a map to a website that allows players to figure out where they are in relation to builds and other players. This ties in with residence mod well.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

Also, may I be given admin at some point in the near future on here?
word count: 156
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton

Mordenkeinen
CC Member
CC Member

Re: Three plugin suggestions

Post by Mordenkeinen » October 19th, 2014, 12:28 pm

I absolutely love the mcmmo plugin. It allows you to for instance gain points into Swords skill which in player vs player areas or events allows you to have an advantage over other players based on the amount of time you've put towards the skill. Also I know we are running a plugin called logblock but I would suggest a plugin that is much better suited to the task. This plugin is called CoreProtect. It does a much better job of doing the task and is much easier to use to figure out which blocks were indeed broken and by whom. It also has a command to check every block around you within a certain radius which makes it easier to figure out than clicking each and every block with for instance a piece of bedrock which is what most people default to on LogBlock function. Also with Core Protect you can use any block and even a bare hand to check blocks for data changes. Also there is another plugin but I hear you all might have had a problem with this particular plugin. Not sure what it is called. I think it's part of essentials but I could be wrong. The pluging allows you to lock doors and chest with a command. You type in /cprivate and punch the door or chest, also works on furnaces and other things as well. You can lock these to keep people from accessing them. Sounds difficult but once you learn it's pretty easy and you don't have to keep making signs for your chest. It also allows you to lock doors and instead of using buttons to unlock the doors you can just punch them and they will unlock. With this you can also password protect doors. /cpassword "password". With that being said it is very simple. What a lot of people don't know is that there is a command called /cpersist this makes it where you can infinately duplicate your command over and over. So basically you type the /cprivate and then /cpersist and it will keep repeating the /cprivate command over everything you punch. So one of the biggest problems people have with this is that you have to specifically allow other players into your chest. /cmodify Mordenkeinen4536 for instance would let me into said persons chest. So you have 20 chest you want to let them into you just do /cpersist and then /cmodify Mordenkeinen4536 and run around and punch all your chest. Also you can hit t for talk to bring up the chat box and then hit up arrow on your keyboard and it will bring up the last thing you typed. Great for repeating commands. This works right now with no additional plugins. As you can see this is indeed a very simple plugin with some basic knowlege. It's not difficult to learn as it may seem. I didn't alway know the recipe of how to craft a door by heart or how to make a furnace by heart but I know most of the Minecraft recipes by heart now. Just an example. Thanks guys if I have any further ideas I will be sure to post.

Thanks, Mord
word count: 541

Aaronander
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Aaronander
Origin Profile: Aaronanders
Battle.net Profile: Aaronander

Post by Aaronander » October 19th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Goatman wrote:
Also, may I be given admin at some point in the near future on here?

I OPd you on console just now but I'm not 100% sure if you need to be in the server to do that. Let me know if that worked. If not, shoot me a PM next time you get on and I can OP you from MCmyadmin.

As far as plugins, the last ones we had tended to break the server so we limited which ones we had only because it was easier that way. If enough people are interested and everyone can agree on some plugins though, I'm sure we could work around that. We would probably just need to get our tech support guys involved.
word count: 126

Goatman

Post by Goatman » October 21st, 2014, 3:36 pm

I think Dynmap would get more traffic to the server, as people could see bulids on the map, gt curious, and log in to check them out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 31
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton