Server Update

Discuss things related to, or events for our Minecraft Division. DL: ???
crazysarge
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Crazysarge

Server Update

Post by crazysarge » January 13th, 2015, 2:28 pm

So I asked about this when 1.8 first came out and nothing really ever came of it. So I am going to ask again.

In my personal opinion we need to have a server reset and update to 1.8 due to the many items and feature updates. It would obviously mean sacrificing all the things built in the server so far but I think it would be worth it. Besides if we are all being honest with each other there are VERY few people who are on enough to justify saving their stuff.

So thats my opinion. Everyone let me know what you think and then we might start being able to make some good changes to get this server on its way to when it was in its hey day.
word count: 133

Datajockeys
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 1:127611

Re: Server Update

Post by Datajockeys » January 15th, 2015, 1:03 am

How about establishing a policy that whenever MC has a major update, the world gets reset? A compromise may be to use the same key to generate the same environment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
word count: 36
-----
Robert Johnston
Datajockeys, LLC

Goatman

Post by Goatman » January 15th, 2015, 3:07 am

No.

Why not set up a multiverse and have the current world be a secondary one? We have the plugin installed already.

I would have updated the server a long time ago but bukkit went under... so yeah.
word count: 38
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton

crazysarge
CC Member
CC Member

Post by crazysarge » January 19th, 2015, 10:48 am

Ok then. Let's start a multiverse and update the server to 1.8.1. I know it may be a bit harder than just saying it but it can be done and we don't have to use bukkit, there are plenty of other servers still out there working on other systems. I am just hoping we can get this working without having to wait until 1.9 comes out then we are back in the same boat.
word count: 79

KingSteve032
Tech Support Director
Tech Support Director
Steam Profile: KingSteve032
Origin Profile: KingSteve032
UPlay Player: KingSteve031
Battle.net Profile: KingSteve032#1134
Formerly Known As: The Boss Man

Post by KingSteve032 » January 19th, 2015, 11:17 am

crazysarge wrote:Ok then. Let's start a multiverse and update the server to 1.8.1. I know it may be a bit harder than just saying it but it can be done and we don't have to use bukkit, there are plenty of other servers still out there working on other systems. I am just hoping we can get this working without having to wait until 1.9 comes out then we are back in the same boat.
If you want to help by finding what type of software that popular servers use I can look into it.
word count: 101
He said to them,“...if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

Goatman

Post by Goatman » January 19th, 2015, 1:51 pm

Hey sarge I realize I came across a bit strong. I apologize. Thanks for the help. I've been trying to get usergroups and plugins set up on mc and I'd run into a bit of a brick wall. I just figured that would be a good way to keep the work people have done from going to waste.

I also have over plans for the multivariate plugin as well :p so I figured we might as well use it for this too.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 88
"Reason and faith go together. Reason is itself is a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all."
-GK Chesterton

Goatman

Post by Goatman » January 19th, 2015, 1:52 pm

I think most servers got bukkit before they went under or else spigot, which I think is still being maintained. But yeah steve, please find out if something will work besides waiting for them to recode CB.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
word count: 41
-GK Chesterton

crazysarge
CC Member
CC Member

Post by crazysarge » January 22nd, 2015, 8:31 pm

Thanks Goatman. I also apologize if I came across strong too. It is just been kinda frustrating being someone who has played since close to the start of the server and seen it fall into obscurity. Time and time again people have talked about getting started again and we were close at one point, then everyone just slowly stopped playing again.

I get passionate about it cause I miss the days when I could get on and 10 to 15 other people would be on.

So I am sorry if I get too steamy sometimes I just miss the way it was.

I also think we need to replace our current white list. Its good but it is honestly why we dont have any new people on the server anymore. No one wants to play on a server they cant play on with their friends. They also don't want to have to get on a website ask to be on white list and wait till someone sees it. I understand we shouldn't just have it open to anyone but theres got to be a better way.

Sorry for the long post everyone.
word count: 194

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » March 5th, 2016, 9:59 am

This is a little old, but since the topic is still relevant, I am suggesting we upgrade to 1.9 since that's out now. I tried getting on earlier to check out how things were moving along and I couldn't because the bungeecord is out of date. :rolleyes:

Spoiler! :
So, if you guys need any help with this server, I am the HeadMod for a modded FTB Infinity Evolved server, I know my way around plugins and mods. The only reason I'm putting that out here is because of how I have a hard time running the pack, and I'm not online all the time. (Lots of the time) :P
word count: 114
"Shoot him! Now please!"