Who still plays minecraft?

Discuss things related to, or events for our Minecraft Division. DL: ???

Who still play minecraft still?

I still play!
28%
Meh minecraft.
40%
Having a server would be great!
21%
I don't see a need for a server.
12%

Total votes: 86

KingSteve032
Tech Support Director
Tech Support Director
Steam Profile: KingSteve032
Origin Profile: KingSteve032
UPlay Player: KingSteve031
Battle.net Profile: KingSteve032#1134
Formerly Known As: The Boss Man

Who still plays minecraft?

Post by KingSteve032 » July 3rd, 2015, 2:34 pm

I've been wondering who stills plays Minecraft? We used to have a amazing server but wuth updates breaking things and people wanting to reset the map each update as well. If people want a server i want everyone to chime in in what they want to have on it. (plugins, settings, etc). I wanted to put up this post to see how many people want a server again and if they still play. You have two votes. Choose wisely.
word count: 80
He said to them,“...if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Re: Who still plays minecraft?

Post by GingerAvenger » July 3rd, 2015, 3:14 pm

I do not, nor have I ever, played minecraft... I'm not sure I'm much help here. :)
word count: 18

TheRecruit
CC Member
CC Member

Post by TheRecruit » July 3rd, 2015, 3:14 pm

Hey guys! Many of you don't know me... I used to be super active and was a Council Member about 8 years ago. Wife and 2 kids forced me to give up gaming almost entirely. Don't even have a computer that can handle reasonable gaming anymore :( :).

If you're looking for a Minecraft server you should seriously consider CloudAtCost (http://cloudatcost.com/#hosting). They have 1 time charges for their servers. For a CC Minecraft server I'd go with the Developer 3 ($140). It has a prebuilt Minecraft Linux image so set up would be a breeze. If you find a Minecraft server isn't a good thing the server is good for life and you can reimage it to Ubuntu Server, CentOS, run a VPN server off it (for you PopcornTime users) or just about anything else.

Just a thought... could end up saving the clan $$ in the long run.

TheRecruit
word count: 155

Kerosene
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: ShameTheDevil

Post by Kerosene » July 3rd, 2015, 3:40 pm

I do still play it, but I almost exclusively play modded Minecraft. I understood from the meeting minutes that a modded server was in the works. I'd most certainly play on that, and I'd even offer assistance on the back end if it is needed.
word count: 47

KingSteve032
Tech Support Director
Tech Support Director
Steam Profile: KingSteve032
Origin Profile: KingSteve032
UPlay Player: KingSteve031
Battle.net Profile: KingSteve032#1134
Formerly Known As: The Boss Man

Post by KingSteve032 » July 3rd, 2015, 5:03 pm

TheRecruit wrote:Hey guys! Many of you don't know me... I used to be super active and was a Council Member about 8 years ago. Wife and 2 kids forced me to give up gaming almost entirely. Don't even have a computer that can handle reasonable gaming anymore :( :).

If you're looking for a Minecraft server you should seriously consider CloudAtCost (http://cloudatcost.com/#hosting). They have 1 time charges for their servers. For a CC Minecraft server I'd go with the Developer 3 ($140). It has a prebuilt Minecraft Linux image so set up would be a breeze. If you find a Minecraft server isn't a good thing the server is good for life and you can reimage it to Ubuntu Server, CentOS, run a VPN server off it (for you PopcornTime users) or just about anything else.

Just a thought... could end up saving the clan $$ in the long run.

TheRecruit

We would probably would use on of our server boxes we have in the datacenter. Thanks for the suggestion though.
word count: 176
He said to them,“...if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
Luke 22:36

Hero887
Steam Profile: hero887

Post by Hero887 » July 3rd, 2015, 6:20 pm

Hello. I saw this topic mentioned on Twitter so I decided to chime in. Minecraft is about all I play. Currently, I have just completed my very own custom modpack focused around Superheroes, tech, bosses, new dimensions, new biomes, new structures, and more. I own a server and I have opened it up to anyone when I live-stream and to friends or trusted players. I am always looking to meet new awesome people that love Minecraft and maybe some here may be interested. When I live stream I also open up Razor Comms and chat it up with who ever live. Maybe this is some of what you are looking to do?

More info: http://uberverse.net/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=5
My Custom Modpack on theTechnic Launcher: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/proj ... rse.679737
Razer Comms Community: http://uberverse.net/livechat/
Livestreaming: https://beam.pro/hero887

Send me a PM if you are interested :)
word count: 154

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » July 6th, 2015, 10:38 am

The most recent server's I've played on are Killion Detention Center (which is back up again.. oddly...), Mineplex, Wynncraft, and our family run servers (sometimes modded, (smart moving, balkons, flans... buildcraft) but usually vanilla).

I don't play actively though.

If we are doing a modpack, using the technic launcher would be great though.
word count: 56
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: deadlierd

Post by DeadlierD » July 6th, 2015, 12:05 pm

I don't play much. I own the game and I've put in some time on it, but it never holds my attention for very long. Plus it's been forever since I've actively played and I'm completely lost with all these new items.

Also Terraria's better! :P

*ducks*
word count: 52

Final Asgard
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: FinalAsgard

Post by Final Asgard » July 6th, 2015, 3:09 pm

I'm with DeadlierD. Minecraft is a lot of fun, but I really don't play often. Usually it's for 3 weeks, then I take a break for a few months.

It would be nice to have a constant server to go to when I feel like playing, but by no means do I expect a server to be there just for those who rarely play.
word count: 67
Ravi Zacharias wrote:The biggest battle you will face in life is your daily appointment with God. Keep it or every other battle will get bigger
Eternal Truth Ministry
Xbox=EternalVerita

ShaddaShk
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ShaddaShk

Post by ShaddaShk » July 9th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Ummm, maybe I'm the only one that feels the need for there to be a "what is minecraft" option? Okay, not quite true, I kinda know what minecraft is but I've only seen snippets here and there and never played it. So, I don't have any crafted items to throw at Deadlier. :D
word count: 55
"We've just put a hit on the man that just got married." ~Winged
"Get a Sunder and run people over. That always makes you happy." ~Kes