LOTRO on Steam!!

Lord of the Rings: Online discussion. Now Free-to-Play!
KustomElvis
Steam Profile: KustomElvis

LOTRO on Steam!!

Post by KustomElvis » June 6th, 2012, 12:56 pm

Well if anyone knows me I have a huge bias towards steam and if it is on steam, then I am sure to get it or try it out if it is free. With that in mind lotro is on steam now with a steam starter pack deal and my question is since no one really plays this game anymore is this starter pack and the game worth it now that it is on steam??
word count: 75

Kunkali
CC Member
CC Member

Re: LOTRO on Steam!!

Post by Kunkali » June 6th, 2012, 5:06 pm

I play lotro although i think being into tolkien lore really helps make the game more enjoyable to play since it's more based off the books than the movies

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
word count: 34
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” - Francis Chan, Crazy Love

11wesley
Steam Profile: 11wesley

Post by 11wesley » June 10th, 2012, 3:13 pm

is the gameplay any good though? cuz I'm itchin' to try it out but not entirely sure it'll be any good.
word count: 23

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » June 10th, 2012, 9:01 pm

It's not amazing. It's better than most of the free MMOs out there, but it goes really slowly if you aren't willing to spend any money.

I've migrated to Guild Wars 2 and I'm not going back, even though I have a lifetime subscription to Lotro. It was just too hard to keep up with the endgame content and gear in Lotro without playing it like a more serious MMORPG (which I don't like getting too involved in). On top of that, nobody ever pursued it much beyond level 15-20.

That being said, I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings aspects of it. They did a good job of implementing new systems to make the game a bit more interesting, and the storyline epic quests are a lot of fun.

Make sure you aren't playing it for a really good paid MMO, but as a free MMO. Either that or focus on the LOTR aspects. The game itself is not bad, but it leans toward "pay to win" with the amount of buffs you get from the paid currency.
word count: 188

11wesley
Steam Profile: 11wesley

Post by 11wesley » June 11th, 2012, 11:47 am

ah ok, then I probably won't get into it XD
word count: 11

twinlights7
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: twinlights7

Post by twinlights7 » July 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm

HMM I've seemed to migrate to Guild Wars 2 as well... :thup:

But say something related to the topic, cool it's on steam now!
word count: 25
†<CC>< Risk

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Pengwertle
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:8519219
Formerly Known As: Dudeguy

Post by Pengwertle » July 11th, 2012, 12:50 pm

So am I allowed to post a necromancy pic NOW?

Because this isn't spam.
word count: 15

freyaka
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: freyaka
Origin Profile: Freyaka

Post by freyaka » August 11th, 2012, 8:16 am

I enjoy playing it a lot, I had a couple characters but as was stated you need to spend at least a little money on it to enjoy it. I actually spent a lot, I've bought a lot of the quest packs and expansions but it's a very fun game once you get into the higher levels

I've got a lvl 70 champion a lvl 20 runekeeper and a lvl 15 hunter and all three classes are enjoyable however the runekeeper is another of those "purchases" I had to make.

It all depends on what you are into, I was never much into MMO's (though I did play Lineage 2 for quite awhile) but this is one I really enjoy.
word count: 123