New LOTRO Characters

Lord of the Rings: Online discussion. Now Free-to-Play!
Nicholas1024
CC Member
CC Member

New LOTRO Characters

Post by Nicholas1024 » June 9th, 2011, 4:38 pm

This is an idea I've been kicking around for the past couple days (since I resumed playing LOTRO)

Although I've been on a lot the past few days, I haven't really seen any other CC on (and even if I did, the levels are pretty scattered). So, what would you guys say to starting a new character (on Landroval or another server, so long as we all pick the same one), and only playing that character during a (nightly, weekly, whatever) group time? We could hammer out the details later, but this way we could actually regularly play with other CC as a fellowship (with actual group TACTICS involved!) Anybody interested?
word count: 114

liquidburn

Re: New LOTRO Characters

Post by liquidburn » June 9th, 2011, 4:51 pm

That is a good idea, and I think you should pursue it. I don't think I will be reinstalling LOTRO to play. When I did start playing the first time, it was fun questing with CC members. Then, the level gaps started getting bigger and I had to solo, which caused me to lose interest.
word count: 56

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » June 9th, 2011, 6:27 pm

What Liquid said. We've got a bunch sitting right around 17-25 for beginner skirmish/instance stuff. It's a blast. However, I don't think anything is going to fly without picking a night and getting on together. I don't play much because I only play when I play with people, and most people don't play unless they have someone to play with (-_-) lol

Great idea, hopefully we can follow through with this

~AD / Steve~
word count: 78

PunT
Steam Profile: puntftw

Post by PunT » June 9th, 2011, 7:27 pm

I get on every few days to check kin mail.. and the AH.

I need people to play with to keep my interest
word count: 23
Lucifer was so beautiful, I wonder what really happened that day! You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor, All to have it stripped away!

YOU ARE THE GOD OF NOTHING!

Seraph21

Post by Seraph21 » June 10th, 2011, 6:04 am

Retrospectively, I should check ingame for your player names, because I never see anyone in teamspeak so I just assume nobody plays... ever.
Im on almost every other day, but I havent really been working with my new guy in Landroval. Hes only lvl 11 so he should work well with this, or I can make a new one.

This really seems like a cool idea, and I'd love to take part in it. Lemme know what happens
word count: 79

Mickey Mouse
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Quiten

Post by Mickey Mouse » June 10th, 2011, 11:29 am

YES
word count: 1

Nicholas1024
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Nicholas1024 » June 10th, 2011, 11:58 am

Alright, seems like there's some real potential in this idea. :) All that's left is to determine the time. I'm thinking Saturday might be the best day with this (to avoid church/school conflicts.) Any objections?
word count: 38

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » June 10th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Saturday is great. As an alternative though, what kind of weekday evening time(s) would work? Saturdays are best if they don't interfere with council meetings (4 PM PST / 7 PM EST every alternating Saturday). Would we want to start maybe 2-3 hours before that?

I don't know that many people need to restart characters (because that's what we did in the first place) and most of us are sitting around level 15-25. It only takes an hour or 2 to get to level 6 (out of pre) and from there we can power level the basic quests up to 15 where we all meet in Bree. That's when the grouping starts, and that's when we have a lot of overlapping quests between levels (plus epic chain quests).

Saturday @ 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST? Wanna try tomorrow?
word count: 145

Nicholas1024
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Nicholas1024 » June 11th, 2011, 8:42 am

Hm. That could work, but I think that later today could be a bit too soon for everyone to get their characters together. How about we do the level 1 idea or wait to start it until next saturday? (Actually, waiting to start it is a good idea in either case, probably.)

I'd like the rest of you to chime in. Would you rather use a character already at level 15 (or level a lower-leveled one up), or just start fresh?

Anyway, I've got a level 13 or so Captain that I could use for the former idea, but if we started a new group I'd probably pick a Hunter for it. Just so you guys know (in case you want to pick classes accordingly to give us a good mix for our fellowships)
word count: 138

Seraph21

Post by Seraph21 » June 11th, 2011, 1:12 pm

I would like to join you guys, and I am in favor of the low level idea instead of starting from scratch. Mine is a lvl 11 captain, so it shouldn't be too hard.
word count: 35