League of Legends Night Poll

Discuss things related to, or events for LoL

Do you find that Saturday night at 5PM Pacific is a good time for League Night?

Yes. I have no problems with the time it is now.
68%
I like the day, but would prefer a different time.
26%
No. I don't like the current day or time.
5%
Other (Please leave post as to why other)
No votes

Total votes: 19

Amroth
Council Member
Council Member

League of Legends Night Poll

Post by Amroth » October 17th, 2014, 2:29 pm

After talking to a few people and thinking it over for a little while, I have decided to get people opinions on League Night in general and get a poll going to see if Saturday should still be the night for League Night.

I would like also to get your opinions on potentially starting theme-based nights (i.e. All Random on Summoners Rift, No Ranged Champs, or some other idea you might have).

Let us know what you think!!! :thup: :biggrin: :thup:
word count: 80

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Re: League of Legends Night Poll

Post by AttolloDeus » October 17th, 2014, 2:52 pm

One note that I can add for all staff is that the Council Meeting goes 4-5 PM PST, and then the closed section from 5-6 PM PST, so since League Night starts at 5 PM PST the Division Leaders have to pick between managing the game night or taking part in the meeting. That's not really fair to you. Too much later and we're getting pretty late for evening people on the East.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Theme nights are fantastic if you agree ahead of time. Tell people that one team is ____ and the other is ___ and then have them pick teams:
- Yordles, Noxus, Ionia, Freljord etc.
- Melee-only (melee casters included)
- Ranged carry only
- Glass cannon fight (no Armor / MR items)
word count: 134

ohSaucy
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by ohSaucy » October 20th, 2014, 5:44 pm

The time works well for me. I also like the idea of themed nights - maybe we could have a poll that goes up after each night with top ideas for the next night. Of course, not all League nights should be themed.

Awesome :D.
word count: 43

watermage856

Post by watermage856 » October 21st, 2014, 1:34 am

I get off at 5 on some weekends and takes almost a hr to get home... mabye like 530?
word count: 19

Mordenkeinen
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Mordenkeinen » October 21st, 2014, 2:41 am

Ok I have it. A night where we do my favorite. Playing characters for positions they were never intended to be played in. Example, ahri adc, lux adc, lulu adc, Chogath full ad bruiser, blitzcrank full ad/attack speed, malzahar ad, ap miss fortune and the list goes on. Not necissarily out of positions characters but playing characters in a different way. Basically anything that goes beyond the current meta. Hmmm don't know but maybe blitzcrank jungle haha. Surprise......yoink. Oh so you thought your mid just left lane but what you didn't know is when you push up to get to tower blitz pulls you into jungle and you die haha. Who knows the possibilitys are endless. Think we could have fun with it because everyone tries to predict which lane people are going on loading screen. Try to do that when everyones going weird places and playing weird roles. Could be very fun :)
word count: 157

Nicholas1024
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Nicholas1024 » October 21st, 2014, 2:21 pm

One thing I'd like to see is a game night where instead of the normal summoners (flash and ignite/heal/exhaust), everyone has to take revive and teleport (or smite+teleport for the jungler). A game without flash and with everyone doing crazy teleport ganks or returning to fights AFTER being killed could be absolutely insane.

Also, if we end up with something like 9 people one night, I'd be up for pitting the top 4 players involved against the other five. I'm not entirely sure who'd have the advantage, but it could be a fun experiment either way.
word count: 103

MauzeKing

Post by MauzeKing » October 23rd, 2014, 12:04 am

We could do a once or twice a month theme night just to have some fun that way we have both normal and theme night and people can know what to expect. I like the idea that the night's theme is voted on by the current players and not just the community.

Some theme ideas unique team comps (double jungle, adc/support mid), pentakill v.s. soccer team (skins not required) and all that good stuff. also a require item game where everyone on both (or each team get there own) teams are require to buy this item by 15mins (sightstone that would be crazy)

maybe with these theme night we can all learn something about our game play and become better players!
word count: 124

ohSaucy
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by ohSaucy » October 28th, 2014, 10:31 am

I love the league community on league nights here at CCG, but I think that one of our major problems organizing changes to the method is the fact that there is little forum participation from that demographic.

The best way to communicate any checks is probably going to be a miniature "CC Meeting" at the start of each league night in one of those channels, to discuss anything of importance like changes to the event, theme nights, or anything interesting happening on the forums and to help direct people there.

One additional thing i've been thinking of is the CCG League Tourney. I know for me, winter break is coming up soon and i'd love to have the CCG tournament happen at some point during that period. To that end, do we have a plan of the format for the event?

If not, I think that the idea of deferring planning of that event to forum-time would be overall negative. We should have some meeting time at the end or start of a league night to plan things like that, and the theme nights out in person with everyone there.
word count: 193

Amroth
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Amroth » October 28th, 2014, 2:27 pm

You make some valid points Saucy. I think a pre-meeting before League Night would be a good idea. I will see about getting some stuff together to try and do that this weekend.

For the Tournament I believe that Cephas and I had agreed that December would be a good time for it so that people don't have to worry about school and there is usually more free time around then. I will start getting things organized on that front as well as I have some extra free time over the next few weeks.
word count: 96

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Matirum

Post by Matirum » November 4th, 2014, 10:01 pm

just to recap for myself. is league night currently held at 5 pm pacific? its been a while since I have been able to make one and with the talk about changing times and what not wanted to make sure I show up at the right time.
word count: 47