Discuss things related to, or events for LoL
Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Re: Where's love in the league channels?

Post by Michael Fedora » March 14th, 2016, 11:53 pm

[offtopic]

Now is it your problem Elvis? Kinda, kinda not. You're not being held responsible for other's actions (especially when you're not there), so don't feel guilty for that. :P

Though do keep up the good work in keeping it clean :thup: . You're still doing a great job as a DL in my opionion.
word count: 57
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

Tonywryip
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Tonywryip
Battle.net Profile: Tonywryip #11658

Post by Tonywryip » March 15th, 2016, 10:59 pm

6:00 - 8:00 PM
I had two games, one win, one loss, and both were really fun!
There was frustration, but we kept it at an acceptable level. There were also a rest in between games, around 5-10min. All in all it was a great experience.
I stopped myself from further engaging in more league of legends not only because my video game time is up (yes, parents _._) but I also had a feeling that if I kept going, then things would turn sour quickly.
My conclusion: Not all the games in Lol are bad, we just remember the bad games and games that strained our relationships with others more clearly. Knowing someone has a bad side but not forgiving that everyone has bad days can really keep everyone from having their best experiences that they deserve. This is something that I need to work on, but I think it is also something that we need to not forget; just because you are not toxic does not mean you are off the hook, forgiving people for what they have done is super important as well.
word count: 186
Imagesomeone teach me how to use dis... plox

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » March 15th, 2016, 11:16 pm

That's very good you understand that Tony, very good indeed, haha. ^_^

Hope they continue to get better, and maybe talk to others about it as well!
word count: 27
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » March 16th, 2016, 9:08 am

Tony, I'm so excited to hear your feedback in this :) It's really refreshing to know people are thinking about this kind of stuff.

You're exactly right. Forgiveness is just as important as not being toxic. A salty player starts the negativity, but an unforgiving/bitter/sarcastic/harassing player makes it spread and fester. Talk to NinjaCayke about this, as well, if you see her in Teamspeak (or send her a forums PM). She has been one of the more level-headed and accessible people in the LoL community and has an inviting heart, often including new players even if there is a risk that the better players might get frustrated by not being allowed to play to their fullest.
word count: 122

Amroth
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Amroth » March 17th, 2016, 2:27 pm

Tony, I would like to have a chat with you about this some time soon. Are you going to be around tonight playing/hanging out?

In other news, I am setting time aside in the next week to get back into getting LoL reorganized. It has felt (to me) that people are being less inclusive as of late, and the only time it changes is if people are logged into LoL. I also want to get LoL reorganized, because I want to bring back League Nights, and I want to get custom games going again at League Nights.
word count: 98

Tonywryip
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Tonywryip
Battle.net Profile: Tonywryip #11658

Post by Tonywryip » March 17th, 2016, 2:54 pm

This is kind of off topic, should we start a new forum post?
anyways
I will be on tonight.
Regarding reorganizing lol, CC has a club that Dark Samurai setup that you could join, it's a new feature on league. ( I am not sure if you are in the club )
and there are some people who has said to me that they don't really like custom games because they don't want to get mad at their friends. Personally I enjoy league nights because I can try out dumb stuff and not be called out for it, but that also might be because I am an above average player. (humble brag... _._)
Also what do you mean that people are being less inclusive? Do you mean our lol community or CCGaming in general?
word count: 133
Imagesomeone teach me how to use dis... plox

ninjacayke
LoL Division Leader
LoL Division Leader
Steam Profile: ninjacayke

Post by ninjacayke » March 17th, 2016, 8:57 pm

I completely agree, Tony. The overall LoL mood has been quite salty lately. However, I think we should do our best to encourage positivity without discouraging competitiveness. The absolute worst thing anyone can say to a raging LoL player is "it's just a game". Essentially, this says to someone "hey, it doesn't matter that this is important to you because it's JUST a game". Let's please, please, PLEASE eliminate that term from our deescalation vocabulary. Instead, let's really focus on recognizing good plays on both sides and fostering an environment of respect and love. It's okay to get frustrated, but it's not okay to take that out on others. When we see someone insulting other players, whether on our team or on the other team, let's try to redirect it towards positivity. "What are they doing well?" "What could they be doing better?" "Let's all learn from this." "How can we encourage them to work with the team?" etc etc. This game is very important in a lot of people's lives, including my own, similar to how many people consider soccer, football, or volleyball a key aspect of their lives and personality. I think it is important that those who are more serious at the game be able to focus on climbing the ranks and improving their skills, while maintaining a balance with involving the more casual players who really do play it just for fun. The best thing we can remember is to do all things for the glory of God, win or lose. :) Thanks for bringing this up!!
word count: 270