Discuss things related to, or events for LoL
Kurushii Drive
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Kurushii Drive

NA LCS Spring Split Results

Post by Kurushii Drive » March 28th, 2017, 3:57 pm

Hi Summoners,

The North American League of Legends Championship Series 2017 Spring Split has finally come to an end (on 26 March). The final standings may not be a surprise to you, but some of the match results over the last 3 weeks of the split have been rather...interesting. Take a look below to see:

Standings:
1. Team SoloMid - 15W, 3L
2. Cloud 9 - 14W, 4L
3. Phoenix1 - 11W, 7L
4. Counter Logic Gaming - 10W, 8L
5. FlyQuest - 9W, 9L
5. Team Dignitas - 9W, 9L
7. Immortals - 8W, 10L
8. Echo Fox - 6W, 12L
9. Team Liquid - 5W, 13L
10. Team EnVy - 3W, 15L

Interesting Facts:
  • Bjergsen (midlaner for Team SoloMid) had the only Pentakill in the Split, against their second match versus Cloud9, playing as Orianna.
  • Bjergsen also finished the split with the highest kill/death/assist (KDA) ratio, at an astounding number of 5.5. He also had a total of 197 kills in the split, 87 deaths, 284 assists, 68.7% kill participation, and 9.0 CS per minute. Smoothie (Cloud9's new support player) and Jensen (Cloud9's midlaner) both fall just behind him, respectively, both with 5.4 average KDA.
  • TSM's star player Doublelift (their former ADC) left TSM early on, and they replaced him with Wildturtle. Doublelift is currently playing for Team Liquid as their ADC.
  • Cloud9 started strong with an 8 game win-streak, looking almost unstoppable, until their very first lost during Week 5 Day 2 against Phoenix1 (to whom they lost 2-0). They later also lost to TSM, CLG, and the Immortals, all in their second meetings against them, causing them to fall to second place overall in the split. Reportedly their exemplary South Korean toplaner Impact, who is among the top 5 toplaners in the world, was having wrist issues midway through, and it caused him to be unable to play at his highest caliber. Cloud9 also experimented with their substitute toplaner Ray in order to give him experience and playing time at the cost of the first spot in the split.
  • As it stands the current Seminfinalist teams are Cloud9 and TSM, who will each face the corresponding winners among the advancing Quarterfinalist teams, who are Counter Logic Gaming, Phoenix1, FlyQuest, and Team Dignitas. The Quarterfinals are scheduled to commence on 8 April at noon (likely will be live broadcast on both YouTube and Twitch) with Phoenix1 and Dignitas clashing it on, then the 2nd Quarterfinals match on 9 April at noon with CLG and FlyQuest going at it. Those match-ups are ones that you would not want to miss (that is, if you're interested).
For more information, check the sources!

~

-Kurushii Drive c:

Sources:

http://www.redbull.com/en/esports/stori ... ts-results

http://lolesports.com
word count: 463

Samuraid
CC Member
CC Member

Re: NA LCS Spring Split Results

Post by Samuraid » April 1st, 2017, 2:22 am

Looking forward to TSM and C9 continuing into a strong summer split. Also, hoping for Doublelift to re-join TSM for the summer.
word count: 23
:ninja:

Lynix
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Lynix » April 1st, 2017, 5:58 am

Thank you for the information. I prefer to watch the lck because skt is my favorite team.
word count: 17

Kurushii Drive
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Kurushii Drive

Post by Kurushii Drive » April 3rd, 2017, 2:57 pm

Samuraid wrote:Looking forward to TSM and C9 continuing into a strong summer split. Also, hoping for Doublelift to re-join TSM for the summer.
Me too! This split was very hype! Who's your favourite?
Lynix wrote:Thank you for the information. I prefer to watch the lck because skt is my favorite team.
You're welcome. SKT is indeed a strong team, but I wish they had more competition in their division; it makes it not as enjoyable :/ Though it is definitely higher-level play than North America and EU.
word count: 92