Twitch/Streaming Meeting

Have questions about streaming or video production? Want to discuss CC's Streams or YouTube videos? Here's where the magic happens!

Best time this week for a meeting:

Thursday Evening
No votes
Friday Evening
13%
Saturday before the CC Meeting
38%
Sunday Evening
50%

Total votes: 8

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Twitch/Streaming Meeting

Post by NeoJabez » March 28th, 2016, 9:43 pm

I'd like to schedule a Twitch/Streaming meeting, preferably attended by myself, oxy, and Elvis, but containing as many of our twitch applicants, and other interested parties as possible.

There are a number of things I'd like to discuss, and perhaps brainstorm with everyone about. But before we can have a meeting set, we need to ask the best time and date.

So, here's a poll... :)
word count: 69
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Twitch/Streaming Meeting

Post by NeoJabez » March 28th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Some of the potential topics:

• Is cross-promoting allowed on the official CC stream? (Can I promote my private channel? Someone else's stream or youtube? My old recordings? etc. Obviously CC will cross-promote ITSELF by advertising our streams through Facebook and the like, but sometimes building social network promotions gets the word out exponentially...)
  • What do you think a potential "CC Twitch" t-shirt for the store would look like?
  • Will people be streaming on CC's stream AS themselves, or AS the channel itself? Both options are possible, from what I understand. People can be called "editors". If I'm totally wrong about this, please attend the meeting and correct me.
  • If we setup donations through the stream, does anyone have a problem with those possible donations going straight to the CC's server bills? This is another reason we need to know if people will be streaming "as themselves" or "as CC"...
  • Will you be using a webcam? If so, do you know how to use the streaming software to best effect? Chroma Keying, positioning scenes and sources, marquee alerts, etc?
  • Volunteers for making OFFICIAL CC overlays, alert screens, break scenes, etc. Brainstorming on the design and usage. Standardizing what people will use when on the Official Stream.
  • Any volunteers for tutoring everyone further on the specifics of the artwork involved, or the use of the programs involved, etc? Answering technical questions?
  • Anything else people want to bring up, any other great questions people bring me before the meeting happens. (PM me if you like!)
word count: 259

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » March 29th, 2016, 2:07 am

One question answered: Will people be streaming on CC's stream as themselves or AS the channel itself?

Most people have their own twitch accounts. The CC Twitch can "invite" users via email and that invitation sends that user the StreamKey which allows them everything they need to stream on the channel. So, technically, you'll be yourself, but be streaming through CC's channel.

A couple of our admins may stream directly as if they ARE CCGaming.com rather than as invited users, we'll see. (These folks would almost certainly only do this for very official broadcasts. More to discuss at the meeting!)
word count: 105

KustomElvis

Post by KustomElvis » March 29th, 2016, 2:47 am

I want to interject and point out that we will be transitioning to a new website probably sometime before summer hits and so before the huge push for this becomes to the point where we get graphics and all sorts of cool things, I would think that for now we work on bugs, trial and error, color layout, and other odds and ends since to say we are FULLY putting all energies possible would be odd right NOW because we do not have the new website up.

For now, I just feel that the beta phase would be the best way to put it. I started the pre-alpha and got the alpha going. Neo has the beta going and I feel that WHEN the new website launches, those that want to take the twitch streaming seriously can do so with all the resources available, bugs worked out, layout finalized, and can just jump in and GO.
word count: 157

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » March 29th, 2016, 8:53 am

Yeah, I've been moving forward with that in mind also, Elvis...Another reason we want all of our ducks in a row, but aren't 'getting ahead of ourselves' is that we want CC's presence across all media to be one presence, one feel.

So, all of the really technical layouts and graphics and stuff would be one of the last things we implement, BUT I'm sure there are a few people that would love to know what it takes to create that stuff in graphics and video programs, so they can learn it in the meantime. The more people know how to do that, the better.

The best streamers seem to be those who have really taken the time before their broadcast to know what they are going to be doing, and what scenes they'll need. Most of our streamers can play around on their own accounts until ours is open.

Definitely the BETA phase. heh All the more reason to have a meeting and get input on general stuff. When these kinds of questions are answered, we'll all be a little more confident of what we'll be doing in the future.

I do REALLY want to say thank you for everyone on board with this, and showing interest...I feel like social media is the next area in which CC can excel. We have some SUPER TALENTED individuals in our community, and if we allow them to spread their wings and fly, CC will fly with them.
word count: 255

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » March 30th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Sunday evening is looking like a winner, majority - wise, anyway.

Can most people make Sunday?
word count: 15

Mouse
ACC Member
ACC Member

Post by Mouse » March 30th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Maybe. My work schedule is absurd right now, ever-changing and horrible, so we will see. Theoretically, I'm off Sunday.
word count: 21

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » March 30th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Evening here in the Eastern Time Zone might be something like 4 or 5 in the Pacific, is this what everyone was thinking, or more like 8pm in the Pacific/11pm Eastern?
word count: 32

Cptn Merika
Steam Profile: Cptn Merika

Post by Cptn Merika » March 31st, 2016, 4:05 pm

I can make it Sunday, as long as it is not between the hours of 8 CST - 930 CST. (Walking Dead Finale)
word count: 22
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

Samuraid
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Samuraid » March 31st, 2016, 7:40 pm

I can make Thursday (tonight), Friday, Saturday in the evening, and Sunday in the early afternoon (Pacific time).
word count: 18
:ninja: