Serious and MATURE conversations about Christianity
Zidane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Zidane
Battle.net Profile: Zidane

Jesus, and Religion

Post by Zidane » May 14th, 2016, 10:20 pm

This is good child of Christ.He very good, and better then preacher in that preacher video I sent, But I wanna see y'all opinions of it.
word count: 28

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Re: Jesus, and Relgion

Post by Michael Fedora » May 14th, 2016, 10:37 pm

He's a pretty cool guy. +1 from me :)

It's important to distinguish that he's talking about those who prize tradition OVER Jesus. Modern day pharisees. If you can take it in perspective, it's a fantastic message.

We should not ditch all tradition, as some of it is rather important (that is, the foundations of "standard" faith) -- Just relying on your own personal convictions can be... scary to others, to say the least.

But we should always Prize JESUS over Tradition, His Word over our laws or understanding -- that is our feeble attempts to figure out His will. This is why a personal relationship with Him is so important... that we don't go haywire - on either side of the coin.
word count: 124
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Jesus, and Relgion

Post by NeoJabez » May 15th, 2016, 2:59 am

This video is basically talking about big sweeping global religious institution, not so much your local church or fellowship.

He even says he loves the church.

The problem he's trying to address is like the global secular view of Christianity, it's not the same view people with a real and personal relationship with Christ aspire to be a part of in reality. Global Christianity is a huge group of people, some of them are believers, some of them are people who claim to be believers, and there are more than a fair share of people who say they believe, but really use Christ either as a bludgeon to hurt others, or as a crutch to justify their continuing sin.

In those instances, the religion isn't helping the individual at all. And Christ came for the individuals, all of them. All of us. One of my favorite parts of the above piece is where he says that the Church is "not a museum for the good people, it's a hospital for the broken"...

Zidane, I find it interesting that you are seeking Christ so obviously, but still sort of 'fear' Christianity. Could you explain?
word count: 197
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Gidget
CC Member
CC Member

Re: Jesus, and Religion

Post by Gidget » May 15th, 2016, 9:13 am

I'm always divided when I watch this video. He makes some great points. Works based religion doesn't save. But the Bible never actually condemnes religion. It condemns FALSE religion but James clearly states there is a form of religion God accepts. (James 1:26-27). Even Jesus he didn't come to destroy the law (religion) but came to fulfill their purpose (Mathew 5:17)

Videos like this are made to get people's attention and they do. What he says is right. It depends on God, not man. And the Church is a group of broken sinful people, but we are also Christ's Bride. Our existence was established by Christ for his Glory to spread His name across the globe.Christ established the church. So while we should condemn false religion I would be careful with videos like this. They aren't always fully grounded in scripture and therefore do not always represent truth.
word count: 158

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few;
therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
Luke 10:2

http://www.lifeofkilo.blogspot.com

Reconize

Post by Reconize » May 15th, 2016, 11:29 am

I am curious as to how many of you are for moral relativism or moral absolutism.
I'd be very interested to hear each viewpoint. I did a college paper on the difference a few years back.

That's what I think of when I watch the video.

Rec.
word count: 49

Gidget
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Gidget » May 15th, 2016, 11:49 am

Reconize wrote:I am curious as to how many of you are for moral relativism or moral absolutism.

For the sake of clarity, will you define those terms for everyone?
word count: 30

therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

Ongurth
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ongurth
Location: doing fun and exciting things, such as praying, writing, shooting, or Krav Maga

Post by Ongurth » May 15th, 2016, 11:50 am

Graded absolutism. :ninja:
word count: 2

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » May 15th, 2016, 3:07 pm

Hey Rec, if this has nothing really to do with the topic at hand, then I'd recommend making a different thread :P

Otherwise I'm with Gidget on this :3
word count: 30
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

Reconize

Post by Reconize » May 16th, 2016, 5:02 am

Moral relativism is when you believe that morals are subject to your culture. This carries the idea that what you regard as a right and wrong conduct may be a right for you, but not for someone else. To put it another way, relativism insists that what is true for the individual replaces the search for absolute truth. That there can be conflicting moral beliefs in the case of two or more individuals, or in different cultures, or in different historical times. In lay terms, what is a moral code for Americans may not be a moral code for South-West Asians.

Moral absolutism is the opposite. It is concerned with right and wrong conduct, period. The absolute is what determines whether the conduct is right or wrong. Therefore, some things are always right and some things are always wrong, no matter how one tries to rationalize them; different cultures, parts of the world, religious views, upbringing, etc. In lay terms, what is moral code for Americans, is a moral code for everyone, and what is a moral code for everyone is always moral code. This is because the is only one moral absolute.

Think about it a bit.
word count: 199

Gidget
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Gidget » May 16th, 2016, 5:13 am

So how does that relate to this video? He doesn't really speak to morals.
word count: 15