& God Rested

Serious and MATURE conversations about Christianity
Winston

& God Rested

Post by Winston » July 6th, 2018, 10:11 am

I'd like to share something that made me laugh as I stared at my keyboard in prayer, asking God to show me how to multiple matrices for 3d transformations, or something of that nature.

Looking down at your keyboard, check out the number 7 key (not the numpad). The symbol is the ampersand. While looking at the symbol, think of how God rested on the seventh day of creation. What does it look like? Doesn't it resemble a resting stick man?
Last edited by Winston on July 7th, 2018, 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 83
I know the Truth, and the Truth knows me.

Globalkoas
Council Member
Council Member

Re: & God Rested

Post by Globalkoas » July 6th, 2018, 4:33 pm

I'm just a man and an imperfect one at that.. and who am I to say how God grabs us, but you might be over thinking this one.. just say'n..

OUt!
word count: 33
#RomansMissYa!
https://youtu.be/ea5A8wEIwIg

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » July 6th, 2018, 9:45 pm

I'm not comfortable with that line of thinking because it insists on taking extra-biblical information, coincidences, and incidents and giving them a significance rivaling that of special revelation.

Specifically where I've encountered it before is in the book "Finally the Bride: Finding Hope While Waiting" by Cheryl McKay. She and likeminded people insist on structuring their lives around modern "prophesies" directed at them, i.e. "You will get married within the next five years." They then spend the next five years with their focus in the wrong place, putting great emphasis on "confirmation incidents" no less silly that overthinking a keyboard layout, and making foolish decisions that could have been avoided with some common sense.

The most extreme examples: certain digits in a guy's number (indicating that he was "supposed" to call her -- hint: it was a disaster), license plate numbers, name tags next to each other on a store rack. Why not play with Tarot cards while you're at it.

The above attitude is an unhealthy alternative to being content with serving God by reading your Bible, seeking wise counsel, and making responsible decisions as best you can whether He does what you want or not, knowing that He does love you and that His decisions are best.
word count: 214

Winston

Post by Winston » July 7th, 2018, 2:50 am

@Kesarahk, I agree with 100% with the fact that tarot cards, horoscopes, ect aren't mediums for God's will. I didn't mean to imply that I was basing my life around the arrangement of a few keys on the keyboard, and I guess I may have made the post a little more complicated than I meant it to be.

I often times pray to God about stupid things. I program for fun because I see God as being the ultimate programmer. It brings me more joy than video games, but sometimes I find myself stuck and start to lose interest. This was one of those times. God could have very well been telling me to rest, but this made me laugh, and sparked an interest in learning more about the symbols we use and they're different uses throughout history.

Because God gives me peace with all other aspects of life, I don't really have anything dramatic to pray about, but that doesn't stop me from striking up conversations with Him, and He lets me know he's listening.
word count: 183
I know the Truth, and the Truth knows me.