Pre-meeting discussion 7/26/15

For Christian Crew Event postings
DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: deadlierd

Pre-meeting discussion 7/26/15

Post by DeadlierD » July 21st, 2015, 9:34 am

There will be a Community Meeting in TeamSpeak on Sunday the 26th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
Event Description wrote:The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.
word count: 190

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Matirum

Re: Pre-meeting discussion 7/26/15

Post by Matirum » July 24th, 2015, 9:28 pm

are these meetings recorded by chance. I would like to get involved but these meeting fall when im in church service.
word count: 21

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DeadlierD » July 24th, 2015, 9:34 pm

We take notes, but I don't think anyone regularly records the meetings.
word count: 13

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Matirum » July 25th, 2015, 8:34 am

where are the notes posted?
word count: 5

DeadlierD
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DeadlierD » July 25th, 2015, 9:09 am

word count: 4

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Matirum » July 25th, 2015, 12:42 pm

I have a request to be discussed but I won't be present. I understand that leadership need private meetings, but I think the general topics of those meetings should be released. what I understand is a council has authority on decisions made, but those decisions should be influenced by the whole body.

I have found where the minutes of the meetings are posted, but those don't include the private meeting.
word count: 72

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » July 25th, 2015, 2:09 pm

As I understand it, some of the topics discussed in the private meetings are done so in private to prevent unnecessary drama within the community. (And I believe this has helped quite a bit with unnecessary drama). I do think, however, that maybe some of the topics could be mentioned briefly in the meeting minutes.

Just me 2 cents.
word count: 59
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..

shadowsbane
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:0:9248565

Post by shadowsbane » July 25th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Topics discussed in the private part of the meetings largely includes things like private drama regarding/between members, staff appointments or issues, admin issues, operational items such as server updates, membership applications, etc.

Public discussion of most items addressed in the private meetings would be various combinations of pointless, inappropriate and damaging to various individuals, groups and the community
word count: 59

Matirum
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Matirum » July 25th, 2015, 3:42 pm

shadowsbane wrote:Topics discussed in the private part of the meetings largely includes things like private drama regarding/between members, staff appointments or issues, admin issues, operational items such as server updates, membership applications, etc.

Public discussion of most items addressed in the private meetings would be various combinations of pointless, inappropriate and damaging to various individuals, groups and the community

the only part of the private meetings should be in some cases naming individuals. anything else I believe should at the very least be reported in a general overview. its the council's job to govern the body, but its the members job to hold the council accountable for proper judgment. The members cant properly do this with all these things you listed being held private.

Don't misinterpret how im coming across. I really enjoy this clan and I believe there is a lot of good things going on here. just in casual talk I have heard people disagree with some actions from the council. ( nothing wrong with disagreement; disagreement solves problems) . when I tried to see what the conflict concerned there isn't anything made public, and while seeing that I realized that there seems to be much of the decision making of the council isn't in the public.

I am confused on the statement how keeping the topics of the private meetings "private" makes them any more or less inappropriate or damaging the group or community.
word count: 240

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » July 25th, 2015, 3:44 pm

I also think that some of the more serious or 'drama issues' could be at least mentioned or disclosed. In a sense, I understand that some of the details need to be kept private and it can be wise to shelter the community from unnecessary drama but conversely, being transparent and honest with the community as a whole will breed unity and help prevent walls from forming between council and the community at large.

Secondly, I have been in talks with Joshfitz, Stargater and some others. We have been discussing rebranding CC. I have tried to have some conversations about short and long-term vision regarding the community because unity in vision is crucial and without it the people will parish. Likewise, if I am going to spent 20+ hours on the website and branding I want to know I am putting it behind a vision I support. I am not sure I will be able to be present at 7pm. If this topic could be brought up closer to 7:30 then there will be a good chance I can partake in discussion about these issues.

Also, please plug Insurgency Night. We will be playing following the meeting.
word count: 199