Hello Everyone!

New to CC? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you!
The Brick

Hello Everyone!

Post by The Brick » October 29th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Hey Everyone!

So, I suppose I should introduce myself before the end of the month. My name is Matthew, but please call me Brick. I’m fourteen years old, and have been a Christian since I was nine or so years old. When I was about the same age, I learned to play the euphonium, a large brass instrument. I’m in love with classical music, and am hoping to use this gift to serve the Lord.

I’ve loved gaming since as long as I can remember. Some of my favorites include Zelda, Guild Wars, Battlefield 4, minecraft, and a couple others. I'm not able to really play any other PC games, as I use my father’s computer, and all downloads need to be approved by him. I’ve been participating in online forums for a few years now. I enjoy roleplaying on forums a good bit.

I'm honestly very excited about finding a forum like this. I've always wanted to be able to openly talk about Christian viewpoints and such with other people on forums, and you don't always get that atmosphere in other places. I do have a few Christian friends from other forums I'm excited to show this place, and can't wait to meet the community here.

Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!

-Brick

P.S. Also, as a side note, is there any reason my virus protection software didn't let me on this website? Otherwise, I'm stuck always posting on mobile. Thanks again.
word count: 260

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by GingerAvenger » October 29th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Welcome to the forums, Brick! I'm glad you found us!
word count: 11

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » October 30th, 2015, 7:42 am

It's really cool to see such an in-depth intro post. Thanks for sharing!

Euphonium is a cool instrument. It's name actually means "good sound" in Greek which basically speaks for itself ;) Does your school have a marching band?

That's good that your dad is involved in the kinds of things that you play. Most kids don't go off the edge because of their game selections, but there is a lot of messed up content out there, on the internet and in the gaming world, so it's good to have somebody older than you keeping an eye on that kind of stuff. The Internet garbage is also one of the reasons our community is here :) Glad you can benefit from it, and I look forward to hanging out with you and your friends!
word count: 138

Cal-Hobbes
Steam Profile: Cal-Hobbes
Battle.net Profile: CalHobbes#1941

Post by Cal-Hobbes » October 30th, 2015, 8:52 am

Welcome, Brick!

Fourteen was a really good age for me, hahaha. I'm a fan of all kinds of music, but you can never go wrong with listening to some classical music (Soundtracks are also pretty great, I own the LoTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, and others.)

I know we have our own Minecraft server, but I sometimes its offline for maintenance (Something like that, I really don't know) The best way to plug into our Minecraft people is to come on our Teamspeak server or just start adding us on Steam and asking if we play (If your dad is okay with this of course)

Hope to see you around, God bless.
word count: 114

oxygencube

Post by oxygencube » October 30th, 2015, 10:20 am

Ayo! Welcome man! I also love classical music, was raised on it. How did you find us?

Also, if you've got some spare cash around check out Rocket League (http://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/) It's one of the more popular games around here at the moment and it's super clean.

Enjoy your stay!
word count: 57

ShaddaShk
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ShaddaShk

Post by ShaddaShk » October 30th, 2015, 10:22 am

Hiya Brick! Welcome to the forums. I had to go look up Euphonium to figure out what you were talking about, shows how much I know about music even though I do play the flute occasionally. I actually have an ocarina too, all due to playing almost all the Zelda games. :D Which Zelda is your favorite?

Hope you can join us on Teamspeak some time! We all hang out there at various hours and times. The forums are great too, don't get me wrong.

As for the website, I know someone else was having some trouble earlier. It sounds like some things got fixed around so hopefully you should be able to get on with your desktop computer again.
word count: 120
"We've just put a hit on the man that just got married." ~Winged
"Get a Sunder and run people over. That always makes you happy." ~Kes

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » October 30th, 2015, 12:01 pm

Howdy Brick, welcome to the forums!

Very cool instrument, I only played the Clarinet for a bit, and then moved to piano/synth. Classical is very cool as well, though I usually like the post-rock, epic/trailer scores, and more or less "modern" versions of it. What artists do you listen to?

I haven't been able to get into Guild Wars, actually, though I have tried GW2 for about an hour since it the core game went free. BF4 is cool as a pickup shooter, though I prefer Call of Robloxia / Phatom Forces for that... eheheh.

And we're excited to have you! Definitely jump in TS if you can, we all hang out there quite a bit.

See you around!

ed; fixed links. Silly me :c
word count: 129
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

Crosser
Steam Profile: crosser222

Post by Crosser » October 30th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Welcome Brick!

Glad you've stopped in to say hello! We definitely have a large variety of gamers in this community at all ages. I personally enjoy most of the Battlefield games and even some of the CoD games (although I am a bit more selective with them). Currently, Rocket League is the game I've been spending a lot of time in. It's a lot of fun!

If you're feeling brave enough, you should come check us out on Team Speak sometime. I encourage most everyone who is new to come on and hang out, game and chat with us. Sometimes we can be really crazy and goofy and other times we can get into some pretty serious discussions about faith in Christ and life itself. :)

Once more, I'm glad you've stopped and made a post! Hope to see ya online sometime bud!
word count: 148
I look at the world from a different angle;
People change; even Satan used to be an angel..