What's with the double login requests?

Problems with your computer or anything else? We have a lot of skilled members that are very knowledgeable and might be of help!
BlockHeadLewie
Steam Profile: <A>

What's with the double login requests?

Post by BlockHeadLewie » April 30th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Okies I thought maybe I had cookie issues but nope. Considered backlog of surfing data so cleared cache, useless.
Every time, from day one of registering to today, I enter login information twice. First time I go right back to a view as if I need to log in but can't act as a member. When I log in the second time everything is as it should be.
Not complaining, worried or deeply concerned really, but if this IS something it needs to be mentioned. I think this post does that, eh?
Peace!
:cool:
word count: 94
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." - Heb 10:25 KJV

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: What's with the double login requests?

Post by NeoJabez » April 30th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Lewie, is this on a computer or a phone/mobile device?
word count: 11
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

BlockHeadLewie
Steam Profile: <A>

Post by BlockHeadLewie » May 1st, 2016, 7:08 am

NeoJabez wrote:Lewie, is this on a computer or a phone/mobile device?

HP laptop computer, win 10...
Thanks!
:cool:
word count: 19
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." - Heb 10:25 KJV

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » June 5th, 2016, 10:42 pm

I have to login twice too. I can't remember if I *always* had too, but I have been noticing it the past two weeks.

Desktop PC, Windows 8.1 I think.
word count: 32

AttolloDeus
Steam Profile: AttolloDeus

Post by AttolloDeus » June 6th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Could you copy and paste the actual link used to get to the forums, as in, the bookmark or clicked link right before you see the login page (as the login page is going to look the same?

1. www.ccgaming.com, then clicking on "Forums" (https://www.ccgaming.com/forum/) and then "I Agree" (https://forums.ccgaming.com/)?

2. A bookmark, like search.php?search_id=active_topics for Active Topics?

For example, if you use a bookmark for the login prompt you might be passing in a bit of code that doesn't work, and the second authentication is probably an unnecessary redirect.
word count: 105

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » June 6th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Spoiler! :

1. Too lazy to use bookmark. Begin typing "ccg..." and select the "/forums" version of the link.

Spoiler! :

2. Yay I'm there. Mouseover login link, see URL bottom left.

Spoiler! :

3. Login screen presents; I try to spell my handle correctly.

Spoiler! :

4. Redirected. Note Firefox offering to remember the login... but I'm not logged in.

Spoiler! :

5. Try, try again.

Spoiler! :

6. This time it looks like I'm in, until I click "Reply" to this topic aaaand...

Spoiler! :

7. NOT AGAIN. (Third time's the charm though; I can now post a reply to the topic.)

First time I recall having to login *three* times to reply to something.
word count: 114

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » June 6th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Could you try typing...forums...

And choose the link that looks like this:

https://forums.ccgaming.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics <---this link is secured and already assumes you are logged in....give it a try.

Please let us know what happens. (If it lets you in once without logging in, please try it two or three times to be sure.)
word count: 63

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » June 6th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Spoiler! :

So, screenshot above: when I type in "ccgaming.com" and then add "/forums" to the end.

It doesn't offer me a link that looks like that? There are only a few more in the scrolldown, and they're all ACE. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. ^^; (Not a tech head -- I'm happy to be a guinea pig though.)
word count: 63

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » June 6th, 2016, 9:33 pm

When you get on the forums next...please click on quick links/active topics...

The page you go to SHOULD add that url to your browser's memory...from that point forward you should be able to start typing, and by the time you type "for" the above link should be there for you to click.

One reason for this is that it APPEARS that 'ccgaming the website' and 'ccgaming the forums' are the exact same site, but they are not. Going to ccgaming.com/forums only brings you to the WEBSITE page that springboards you into the separate site known as forums.ccgaming.com, the true forums site.

When you go to forums.ccgaming.com (especially the active topics link) you are brought directly to the forums site and completely bypassing the main website. Hope this makes sense, if it doesn't, I could always make a video tutorial which explains it better.

Let me know how the above info helped or didn't help.
word count: 166

Samuraid
CC Member
CC Member

Post by Samuraid » June 7th, 2016, 1:40 am

Kesarahk wrote:...Lots of stuff...

Based on your screen captures (very helpful!) you are accessing the site initially at https://www.ccgaming.com/forums/

But on the second login attempt, you are at https://forums.ccgaming.com/

I think the cookie information is set different for the "www" subdomain versus the "forums" subdomain, which may be why you are being asked to login twice. In other words, your session information may not be carrying over from "www" to "forums". If this is the case, then it would need to be corrected on the server.

The super quick fix would be for someone to reconfigure the site to just redirect http://www.ccgaming.com/forums/ to forums.ccgaming.com and call it a day.
word count: 123
:ninja: