KeliforniaSon
CC Member
CC Member
Formerly Known As: KeliforniaSon

Stardew Valley

Post by KeliforniaSon » November 19th, 2016, 10:00 am

Hello friends!

It's been quite a while...

School's been a nightmare, but the sweet diploma I get in 20 days is gonna be worth it!

With that being said, I encountered Stardew Valley (haven't bought it), but I wanted anyone's opinion on it - whether it's worth the $14.99 on Steam.
word count: 56

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Re: Stardew Valley

Post by Michael Fedora » November 19th, 2016, 1:16 pm

It's good, single player, basically harvest moon on PC. I enjoy it, as it's quite a chill game, though it can be a time sink of "just one more day" (due to the fact it only saves at the end of the day.

If you liked Harvest moon or something akin to farmville (but less clicking and more console-style gameplay), buy it! If you are afraid of it being a timesink.. don't! :P
word count: 76
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

Domtron Vox

Post by Domtron Vox » November 20th, 2016, 10:42 pm

I bought this for mom's birthday and she loves it. It's a nice little game where you grow food, mine, fish, and do some crafting.

I do have some issue with its' philosophy though. First, the game town has no church but it has a saloon which everybody attends on a daily basis. Second, It seems to have spirit worship undertones to it. (slight spoiler)
Spoiler! :
there is a "community center" and part of the game's progression is collecting items and giving them to sprites that live in the community center.

Also there is apparently a witch that can make unwanted children go away according to the wiki. (cringe)
Finally, you cannot butcher the animals you raise you can only sell them or sell their products (wool, eggs, milk, etc).

I'm somewhat inclined to make a butcher mod and church mod. :P

Also multiplayer is apparently in development right now so it may be released in a few months.

Edit: And I do think it is worth the price.
word count: 173

1petet315
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 1peter315
Battle.net Profile: 1peter315

Post by 1petet315 » November 21st, 2016, 12:05 am

Those are good points to note Domtron. Thank you for the input.
word count: 12
1peter315
"Set Christ apart in your heart and always be prepared to have a reason for the hope that you have but do it with gentleness and respect".

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » November 21st, 2016, 12:24 pm

Yeah, spiritualistic wise there's an altar to Yogan in someones house (apparently he has no idea why it's there, but kept it anyways because sometimes townspeople go in and do their thing there?), oh and that persons' daughter dabbles in the occult.

So, ah, yeah, not exactly family friendly in that sense, but you can stay away from that if you want. It's not shoving it down your throat, so.

Oh, also, you can be homosexual if you want, though I don't think polygamy is implemented.

(Just sayin' it how it is, not encouraging those practices, etc...)
word count: 101
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

TCL_cory
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: kitty_husband

Post by TCL_cory » October 15th, 2018, 6:57 am

anyone still playing stardew valley? now there's multiplayer
word count: 9
my fav verse: Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."