ISO: Crystal Isles - Resource & Dino Locations WIP

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive!
DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

ISO: Crystal Isles - Resource & Dino Locations WIP

Post by DynamiteTiger » June 25th, 2017, 2:02 am

Crystal Isles Resource & Dino Locations
I'm new to this map and often find it difficult to find specific resources or dinos. I've had to ask around or make online searches. This map has some unique plants and objects that will give specific resources. Below is a list I've compiled from my own efforts and some info I've found online. If you would like to contribute that would be great! Please post below with any additions, and I'll add it to the list.

Resources:
  • Angler Gel: Blue (Glowing) Flowers located all over the White Shoals
  • Sillica Pearls: White Shoals, 58, 15; 68, 14 (in rivers, 91, 13), Floating Islands Cave ruins 49.6 79.5, Plenty in Redwood rivers, Halcyon Plains (Pearl Lake) 41 39
  • Black Pearls: Eldritch, 27 66, some from black crystals
  • Rare Flowers: Cattails at Bloodfall's Hallow, swamp, plenty located on the island in the lake, 62, 28
  • Rare Mushrooms: Custom Trees (with red flowers or roots wrapped around) at Bloodfall's Hallow, white crystals at Salty Isles, yellow glowing large mushrooms in the Wetlands 53, 37
  • Sap: Tundra Falls Pine trees at 49, 48
  • Leech Blood: Bloodfall's Hallow Red crystal spawns
  • Charcoal: Orange/Yellow Trees (in ground not water) 51, 56 Fire Swamp
  • Obsidian: Bloodfalls Hallow 61.5 28, Fire Swamp, On solid lava at 54, 62, Northern Islands 26.5 64, Obsidian Cave in Copper Peaks 58 47
  • Cactus Sap: Cactus trees in Deserts Tail (and a few in purple crystals)
  • Sand: Rocks in Deserts Tail (and a few in purple crystals)
  • Plant Species Y: Purple flowers in Deserts Tail
  • Plant Species X: Plant Species X in swamps/wetlands 53, 38, some from cattails in Bloodfalls
  • Metal Nodes: 72, 18, Midland Savannah 55, 41, Redwoods 26 21, 34.5 16.5, 30 16, Halcyon Plains 41.5 40.5, Blood Falls Hallow 61.5 28
  • Organic Polymer: Mantis in Deserts Tail
  • Copper nodes on the copper peaks. (Gives some metal)
  • Sulfur can be found in orange trees at Emberfall 61,59, also dropped by dragons or wyverns when killed
  • Oil: White Shoals, 88, 10 also 79, 16, Bloodfalls Hallow 58 30
  • Narcoberries: White Shoals 59, 16; BloodFalls Hallow - reddish flowers that often grow in large patches
  • Element: Black crystals in Eldritch
Dinos:
  • Beavers: White Shoals 74, 18, Halcyon Plains 42, 38, Tundra Falls 36, 44, Redwoods 26, 21
  • Hesporonis: Halcyon Plains 50, 48, Salty Isles 53,26, Desert 80 57, Desert Savannah (Copper Peaks) 64 51, Bloodfalls Hallow 59 30,
  • Ovis: Salty Isles, Halcyon Plains, Deserts Tail, Desert
  • Mantis: Deserts Tail
  • Penguins: Northland 14, 54 (North west of Blue Oblelisk)
  • Yutyrannus: Tundra Falls, Northern Islands
  • Otters: Northern Islands 27 63, Halcyon Plains (Pearl Lake) 41 39, Desert Savannah (Copper Peaks) 64 51
  • Griffen: Desert Canyon 77.5 44
Artifacts:
  • Brute: 59.5 31.4 - in the lake
  • Clever 62.2 29.0 - In cave. Entrance half way up mountain 61.4 29.2
  • Crag & Scorched torch skin 82.1 40.6 - top tier of wyvern mountain. small crevice in mountain
  • Cunning 89.6 19.7 - underwater on reef
  • Destroyer & Scorched sword skin 90.2 41.0 - in the desert
  • Devious 80.4 41.1 - wyvern den
  • Devourer 11.2 43.8 - in the open on the top of mountain in snowy area
  • Gatekeeper & Scorched spear skin 72.9 50.6 - shallow cave west of red obelisk in the desert
  • Hunter 70.6 38.2 - deep underwater (near crystals)
  • Immune 28.1 18.0 - inside redwood tree bridge
  • Massive 56.9 52.4 - bottom pond at foot of Copperpeaks waterfall
  • Pack 49.2 80.3 - the floating islands cave ruins, entrance side of large island 50.6 79.0
  • Skylord 38.3 43.5 - bottom of waterfall
  • Strong 66.3 6.7 - underwater on stone pillar
Last edited by DynamiteTiger on September 14th, 2017, 10:24 pm, edited 30 times in total. word count: 636

1petet315
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 1peter315
Battle.net Profile: 1peter315

Re: Crystal Isles Resource & Dino Locations WIP

Post by 1petet315 » June 25th, 2017, 10:55 am

Thanks for the info. I have not explored much of the island myself because I am having too much fun building my home base. My only issue is finding the right resources for my buildings. Now that I have a strong flyer I could now get out and do some scouting for these resources. The metal nodes will come in very handy for me when I am ready to upgrade to a keep or castle. That will take A LOT of time to gather.
word count: 84
1peter315
"Set Christ apart in your heart and always be prepared to have a reason for the hope that you have but do it with gentleness and respect".

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » June 25th, 2017, 11:50 am

1petet315 wrote:Thanks for the info. I have not explored much of the island myself because I am having too much fun building my home base. My only issue is finding the right resources for my buildings. Now that I have a strong flyer I could now get out and do some scouting for these resources. The metal nodes will come in very handy for me when I am ready to upgrade to a keep or castle. That will take A LOT of time to gather.
Hey Pete, Ive noticed your base is actually quite close to where my little outpost is near green obelisk. Yea I found metal difficult to find also. Ill update the post with more details on metal nodes later today. I have found some metal and obsidian in Bloodfalls and will get that info in there. I can give you a hand with gathering if youre on TS later today.
word count: 155

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » June 25th, 2017, 2:42 pm

I strongly recomend getting a fire dragon if you want metal. However an earth dragon carring a anky works nearly as well. Be warned metal on this map is hard to see form the air. Most of it is covered in moss or otherwise blends in.
word count: 46

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » June 25th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Element can be mined from the crystals in the Eldritch (Nightmare zone). Be super careful. Everything there hates you.

Iso said there are oil fields between Tundra falls and Eldritch, also. You can still get oil from the basilosaurus, and water oil deposits.

Metal can be found intermittantly in the white shoals, but mostly in the midland and desert savannahs, plus the redwoods and around the tundra.
word count: 67

1petet315
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: 1peter315
Battle.net Profile: 1peter315

Post by 1petet315 » June 25th, 2017, 11:12 pm

I was not able to get on TS tonight but I will make a plan to be on TS on Tuesday around 6. It is a little tough for me to get on TS because there is usually so much going on here.

I noticed a message popped up on my Steam account that notified me that is was an Ark night. Will Sunday nights be an Ark event now? If so, I can make room for it on my calendar for the summer because our growth group is taking a summer break.
word count: 93
1peter315
"Set Christ apart in your heart and always be prepared to have a reason for the hope that you have but do it with gentleness and respect".

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » June 25th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Yes we had a vote and Sunday won. So on Sundays I am going to be doing, or tring to do, some kind of event. I make no promises that it will be awesome but come play anyway. I will give everyone coins for the Auction House.
word count: 47

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 3rd, 2017, 4:02 am

I'm still updating this list. If you are having trouble finding a specific resource or dino, make a post and I'll try to find the info and list it here.
word count: 32

Dagradon
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Post by Dagradon » August 3rd, 2017, 6:43 am

Great Info DT.... thanks for posting this.
word count: 7

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 20th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Still working on this list of resources and dinos. The list now includes all the artifacts.

If you're looking for specific resources or dinos, make a post and I'll find it for you. Also, any help expanding this list is much appreciated. :)
word count: 44