OFFICIAL What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Topic! (204)

Talk about clean shows, videos, music, pictures, books, etc.
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

OFFICIAL What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Topic! (204)

Post by NeoJabez » August 9th, 2017, 2:05 am

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Christian Crew WALT Topic. (What Are You Listening To?)

NEW: The number of songs/videos in the playlist now featured in the topic title!

What it is:
Spoiler! :
The WALT Topic is where you, the members of our forums and community, can submit links to great Christian music videos to share in a curated playlist. Many of our members like to listen to music when they are playing games, doing homework, or just in the background while performing daily tasks.

The WALT Topic is going to be a curated repository of music (and videos) suggested and vetted by the membership and leadership of our community for everyone to enjoy!

What we mean by curated is that there will be one or more people who will take the suggestions offered and the links submitted, and they will listen to the songs and watch the videos, (vetting them for cleanliness and such), and will then add them to our rapidly growing playlist! Curators do NOT have to be leadership, but we DO prefer they are members in good standing. We haven't decided precisely yet on the standards or qualifications for the position, so in the meantime, we'll have leadership fulfill the role temporarily.

How to help:
Spoiler! :
Simply share the Artist and Title of good Christian songs you know...(And in most cases the Youtube link itself). At the moment, we aren't categorizing by genre inside the Christian umbrella, so our playlist might be, when shuffled, a miasma of metal, swing, pop, rap, and who knows what else? The method to this madness is that everyone may hear something new and excellent that they haven't heard before, and we will all be enriched by the new media! Anything done for God is potentially spirit-filled and fruitful!

General Rules and guidelines:
Spoiler! :
    We want all music to be Christian in some way, so...any type of worship music, or songs by recognized Christian musicians are acceptable.

OBVIOUSLY, no cussing, nothing sexually explicit, nothing that expresses hate for anyone or anything, etc. (Hate or disdain for Satan is A-OK!)

Please only submit the most official videos you can find. Meaning, if the artist/band has a Vevo or Warner Music link, any song labelled "Official Video", that sort of thing. We don't want homemade lyrics videos and the like, in most cases, because these are often taken down, or removed for copyright infringement, and we wouldn't want our playlist's links to become broken. (There may be occasional exceptions to this rule, these exceptions will be looked at by the curator/leadership on a case by case basis.)

We will limit submissions to 2 songs per person per day. First, certain people might be very genre-specific, and we want a nice variety. Secondly, this helps keep the topic active; if you have more than a couple of suggestions, you can make another post tomorrow. We hope this will bring people back again and again.

Please remember to add the artist and title of the song in text before or after your video link. This insures we can find the video in the case that the link doesn't work. In some cases, some videos are not available in some countries or the video may get moved or deleted at a later date. We can then go back to see what song was posted.

Videos posted should only consist of one song and should not have excessive talking like interviews or be long in length. (Unless of course it's one of those rare super long songs.)

If you have any sort of story to tell about the song(s) you are submitting, or if they helped you through a particularly bad spot, anything like that, you're welcome to share that as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

More Information:
Spoiler! :
Don't forget you can REPEAT OR SHUFFLE the videos/music! Always keep in mind that these videos are not nearly all the media that the Christian Crew has to offer...We have a video playlist page right on our website, which has 8 different playlists with everything from Member Slideshows to Bible Studies! https://www.ccgaming.com/media/youtube-playlists/ as well as an MP3 archive, a Memorial Timeline, and more...All found in the Resource Section. https://www.ccgaming.com/media/

Thank you, everyone, and please enjoy the playlist! We expect it to grow by leaps and bounds, with your help! Just post away, right here in this topic, and watch this official playlist here in the first post get bigger and bigger and bigger every day!

If you have questions or would like to add suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or other information to this idea, please see the original first submissions thread, located at: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23238&p=190932#p190932

*Special Thanks to DynamiteTiger for suggesting the thread, sharing his experience with building this type of playlist in the past, rules and engagement suggestions, and much more!

So, without further adieu...

Here is the OFFICIAL Christian Crew What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Playlist!
Please enjoy! And please participate!

Historical Info: This playlist started with 13 songs/videos on August 9th, 2017 at around 3am EST.

Here's the DIRECT LINK, if you'd rather just peruse the playlist itself without playing entries: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5w8MlGdN08
word count: 912
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: OFFICIAL What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Topic!

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 9th, 2017, 2:20 am

Love that this idea has been implemented! :D It's got me listening to some great Christian music I never knew was out there and has also sparked my love for some older Christian music I used to listen to years ago. With that in mind, here's a couple classics from Whitecross. It was the very first Christian concert I ever went to. Some of their songs got me through some rough times in my teens.

Whitecross - My Love

Whitecross - In the Kingdom
word count: 82
* For whosoever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever
will lose his life for My sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 *

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » August 9th, 2017, 2:27 am

This is so great! I have honestly NEVER heard of Whitecross in my life, but that first song is like vintage late 80s rock! heh
word count: 25

Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » August 9th, 2017, 6:23 am

Slick Shoes - Alone
word count: 3

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » August 9th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Since we had a suggested submissions topic, separate from this one, I'm going to list the original 13 submissions, (as well as some I added) also, so that we all know those songs and their connections as well.

I'm adding a 'guideline': If you have any sort of story to tell about the song(s) you are submitting, or if they helped you through a particularly bad spot, anything like that, you're welcome to share that as well.

13 Original Playlist Videos:

Spoiler! :
LeCrae - Prayin' For You (Submitted By NeoJabez)
MercyMe - Move (Submitted By NeoJabez)
The W's - The Devil Is Bad (Submitted By Grizz Gallant)
Joy Electric - Children Of The Lord (Submitted By Grizz Gallant)
Skillet - Gasoline (Submitted By Grizz Gallant)
Fold Zandura - Ember (Submitted By Grizz Gallant)
MercyMe - Even If (Submitted By DynamiteTiger)
Carman - Satan Bite The Dust (Submitted By DynamiteTiger)
Red - Breathe Into Me (Submitted By Dagradon)
Skillet - Feel Invincible (Submitted By Dagradon)
Matthew West - Grace Wins (Submitted By Dagradon)
August Burns Red - Invisible Enemy (Submitted By Dark)
Silent Planet - Panic Room (Submitted By Dark)

NeoJabez Added: (On opening night)

Spoiler! :
Jonah33 - Faith Like That (Used in one of our member slideshows!)
Pillar - Frontline (A huge CC favorite from the old days...When you connected to our CS:S server, you heard this song!)
Sacrifice2015 (This is a 4 minute digital painting by NeoJabez that was originally recorded in 2009, but re-recorded in 2015 in HD. The painting is created to "Revelation Song" by the Lake Arlington Baptist Church "Backstage Band" featuring the vocals of Ms. Kelly Pryor, and one of the band members is our very own CC Member: Levamentum!)
Kutless - Sea Of Faces (Also used in a member slideshow!)
Lifehouse - Everything (Skit) (This youth skit has been viewed over 36 million times...I wonder if any of the church performers had any idea how many people this would touch...)
word count: 320

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 10th, 2017, 12:25 am

A couple of great Canadian artists:

The Color - SURPRISE

Greg Sczebel - Causin' A Commotion
word count: 13

Grizz Gallant
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » August 10th, 2017, 6:29 am

God of Wonders by E-Praise
word count: 6

Michael Fedora
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: MikeFed
Origin Profile: MichaelFedorai
UPlay Player: MichaelFedora
Battle.net Profile: MikeFed#1151

Post by Michael Fedora » August 10th, 2017, 9:40 am

one of my top favs (including the entire album, too. hah):

Kari Jobe - The Cause Of Christ

good ol' bethel

Bethel - Starlight (Featuring Amanda Cook)
word count: 23
[quote="Arca Jeth (SW Legends)"]"The enemy has found me, Ulic, but the enemy knows only darkness. I know something that enemy does not… I know the Light."[/quote]
On the Kingdom

"I didn't even know we had an army!" ~ Hunter, UK

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: OFFICIAL What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Topic! (26)

Post by NeoJabez » August 10th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Michael - Your post edited. We need to be sure we add the artist and title to each link, so if links break, we have no problem finding replacements. Thanks. :)
word count: 29

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member

Re: OFFICIAL What Are You Listening To? (WALT) Topic! (26)

Post by DynamiteTiger » August 10th, 2017, 4:56 pm

DC Talk - What if I Stumble?

DC Talk - Jesus Freak
word count: 10