Current State of CC's Finances

News and announcements from The Christian Crew
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Current State of CC's Finances

Post by NeoJabez » October 28th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Hello everybody!

Just one of those 'friendly reminders' that our servers run on our donations, and a chance for me to report to you what we have in our accounts.

We paid our webserver bill in October, it comes due once a year. But we still have server bills for our physical box that come to $86 a month.

At the moment our main account holds $474.92, with one of those $86 payments coming out on November 4th.

This will obviously decrease the account to $388.92, $302.92 in December, and by January 4th to $216.92.

We are NOT in dire straits at the moment! Not by a long shot! But we like to be as transparent as we can be, and let you know where we are, and we ALWAYS remind people about donations when we dip below the $400 mark. It's just our standard practice.

Global 'codified' our yearly expenses in our last "Friendly Reminder" post like this:
Globalkoas wrote:$1032.00 for the yr for the server box
$120.00 for the website for the yr
puts the total cost at $1150.00 ish
So, we have enough in the account to keep the bills paid until we pay the May bill. At the time of the May bill, we would literally have less than $50.

This is the only reason we make these posts, and believe me, we don't look forward to it, but we want you to know where we stand, and how you can help most directly.

We are so very thankful for those of you who regularly donate, even when it's only a few dollars. Those regular donators (even in the small amounts) are the life-blood here, and they keep the lights on. Donations are NOT used in any other way but for our game server box and our webserver accounts. We do not have any subscriptions or other licenses to any software, plug-ins, or other tools that cost money. All the cool bells and whistles built into our site or forums are free, or were actually coded by CC Members themselves.

If you can help with donations, thank you. If you cannot, please don't worry about it.

Also, we like to collect game keys for our game giveaways, particularly in December. If you happen to be a member of something like the Humble Bundle Monthly subscription, or something similar, and you tend to get keys for little indie games you don't think you'll ever play, we will happily take them off your hands! We can give these copies of these little games as prizes at CCG events, and they help promote our events to people who haven't yet visited or gotten to know us! It's a great ice-breaker to give someone a free game, even if it's just a $1.99 game!

I'm proud to have been a part of a community that has self-paid its own bills for well over a decade, and I pray we have at least another decade in us!
word count: 519
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Re: Current State of CC's Finances

Post by DynamiteTiger » October 29th, 2017, 12:10 am

I have a couple Steam games in my inventory. How or to whom can I donate those?
word count: 17

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 29th, 2017, 3:27 am

That is a very good question, Tiger. I think most of the time when someone has a Steam title...They give us the game information, and we list it as being 'with them'. So...let's say we have a Christmas Carol Night with giveaways, and your title is the next giveaway on our list. Whoever wins, you would literally gift it to the winner directly per our Event Coordinators direction at that time, or as soon as he or she could get the message to you, if you weren't in attendance.

I'm not positive this is how they do it, but I think it is, since most Steam games are not easily transferable, like Steam keys are. If I am in error, could someone correct me?
word count: 129

DynamiteTiger
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: DynamiteTiger
Origin Profile: DynamiteTiger
UPlay Player: DynamiteTiger

Post by DynamiteTiger » October 29th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Steam games can be given from one person to another. So long as the person I give it to, puts it in their "inventory" and not in their library. Then they can give it away to whomever. But I have no problem giving the games to the winners if that's the preferred method.
word count: 54

Hudbus
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: Hudbus101

Post by Hudbus » October 29th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Dynamite, I hate to be the bringer of bad news but newly purchased Steam games can no longer be sent via a user's Inventory or by trade methods.

It's by direct or delayed delivery to a specified recipient only now. Codes for games are also instantly redeemed and only the code itself can be transferred if it is unused.

However if the gift existed before this change was made, as you are noting above, it should function normally and be tradable normally as well. Just be aware that these are the last of their kind and no form of amber preservation will work here.
word count: 106
Be Excellent to Each Other

Check out my Blog: http://theikim.com/

mandrakenk
CC Member
CC Member

Post by mandrakenk » October 31st, 2017, 6:13 pm

what is the best way to donate funds to ccgaming?
word count: 10
http://isschristian.org/live
Gaming https://www.twitch.tv/mandrakenk
Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grow in stature and favor with God and Man"

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 31st, 2017, 6:27 pm

We have a donation form right on the website at:

https://ccgaming.com/donate/

Thank you for asking. :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to say that we used to have a system that would let us set a goal for a month, and would show how close we were to that goal as the month progressed.

We are currently using a different system that is incompatible with that other system, or we would and could show anonymous donation amounts.

With our current system, you can even set up recurring donations, if you wish.
word count: 91

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 5th, 2017, 2:17 pm

We just paid our server bills yesterday, and our account now stands at $417.15 USD.

Just a reminder to everyone. :)
word count: 21

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » November 8th, 2017, 7:05 am

I would like to personally thank our last three donators for your generosity. It is people like yourselves who allow us to keep God First here. Thank you so very much.
word count: 31