Praying for Self-Forgiveness

Share your prayer requests, praise reports, or your testimonies here!
AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Praying for Self-Forgiveness

Post by AlloTalon » June 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Hi everyone. I'm on my journey to become the man God wants me to be and I want to be. In my last prayer request I felt a motivation I haven't felt in years. I'm doing my best to continue and discern the things that come my way. But there are certain obstacles that are making it difficult to get there. "Regret, Shame and Depression." I made mistakes that sometimes stick to me in my life. I sometimes feel like I deserve less than what I've been blessed with and that's not healthy for me. I'm currently working on overcoming my regret, shame and depression.

So I request prayers in this area. This is an area that came with the life I grew up in. Prayers would be more than appreciated.
word count: 137

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Re: Praying for Self-Forgiveness

Post by Kesarahk » June 14th, 2018, 2:15 am

Allo: I dropped dinner on the floor of the oven tonight. I know it's not a mistake on the same scale, but I did have to deal with some regret, shame, and depression afterward. XD You were praying for me today, and I'll be praying for you. Hang in there!

I'm sure Ginger has told you this before: "God never wastes a bad experience." ^_^
word count: 67

AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Post by AlloTalon » June 14th, 2018, 2:29 am

Thank you Kesa. :D Ginger didn't tell me in those words but she told me in a different way I guess lol. :D
word count: 22

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » June 14th, 2018, 6:47 pm

I believe I said, "No bad experience is ever wasted by God". ;) Hugs to you both. Hang on you two. It's still all good. Hugs!
word count: 26

Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » June 16th, 2018, 10:27 am

I am praying for you Allo.

I know I deserve less than what I've been blessed with. But God chose to bless me with what He has given me, so it is okay to enjoy it. And if God has forgiven me for what I have done than it is more than okay for me to forgive myself as well. The same is true for you as well.
word count: 69

Tobekan
Battle.net Profile: tobekan#1266

Post by Tobekan » June 27th, 2018, 11:59 am

I will be sure and keep you in prayer as the spirit leads, Allo.

For whatever it's worth, Romans 8:28 says that all things work for the good of those who love Him. I have had to cling to that many times.
word count: 44