The new Knowledgebase

Talk about anything and everything that is on that little mind of yours!
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

The new Knowledgebase

Post by NeoJabez » June 14th, 2018, 7:31 am

Our new Knowledgebase - kb/index

Is a great tool for sharing guides, tutorials, or any kind of encyclopedic style of article. We can embed video or audio, and use pretty much any of the functions the forums themselves offer.

Do you have any ideas of what sorts of articles we should have in our KBase?

Would you like to submit something?

You're welcome to submit, though we ask that submissions (at this time) are, as mentioned, more in the guide or tutorial realm.

If you would really like a guide on how to do a certain thing, or maybe the basics of specific programs or systems, maybe we can create an article for you, and everyone after you who'd like similar answers!

Any ideas out there? Let's brainstorm together!
word count: 132
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Clarence
Council Advisor
Council Advisor

Re: The new Knowledgebase

Post by Clarence » June 14th, 2018, 9:38 am

I got some old Church bulletins I could post, they have some humour which is very English but they do have a message, they are also themed with the seasons such as lent Easter and Christmas etc.
word count: 37

Amroth

Post by Amroth » June 15th, 2018, 3:09 pm

This is only based on my experiences in the work environment, but shouldn't knowledge-bases be only used for storing useful guides and information pertaining to solving problems? And if that is the case, are we thinking tech/computer knowledgebase, or an anything knowledgebase (e.g. food/cooking, driving, biblical, etc.)?
word count: 52

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » June 15th, 2018, 5:07 pm

You're exactly right, Amroth...The KBase is mostly for guides and tutorials on how to do things.

Having said that, I think it should be mostly things relating to CC, like guides and tutorials on things that apply to our members directly.

That means some limited Christian-based articles, but probably most of the entries should tell a CC Member or guest how to best put our community or it's assets to use. Or even, how to play a specific game, use a specific program, etc.

If a person wants to get their creative, devotional, or other writing noticed in CC, we have a Facebook feed, and a Newsletter. (Not to mention our forums themselves!)

But this is meant to be more a place you would come to find a 'how to'.
word count: 134
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria