Server refresh

Stranded alone in your skivvies, surrounded by dinosaurs, now survive! DL: Grizz Gallant
Dagradon
Ark: SE Division Leader
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: dagradon74

Server refresh

Post by Dagradon » August 7th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Looking for everyone's opinion on how often you think a server should be wiped and refreshed and your reason why.
word count: 21

Broman
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: broman4097

Re: Server refresh

Post by Broman » August 7th, 2018, 6:55 pm

How often: Every 3 days
Reason: He died and rose again on the 3rd day.
word count: 15

Sabalanor
CC Member
CC Member
Battle.net Profile: Sabalanor#1527

Post by Sabalanor » August 8th, 2018, 10:18 am

Hahahahahahahahhahahaha. Broman, that is a great response. In all seriousness thiugh....

How Often: Every Day
Why: Overspawns, new dino pool for poeple to tame, etc. I think a lot of people get sick of trying to find good Dino's for hours and hours and hours and it doesn't change. This allows for a higher probability of new, correct Dino's spawning in. Also, if you keep clearing the same area it could cause an excess of other Dino's to spawn in elsewhere since that area can't spawn new Dino's til you get out of render.
word count: 100

AlloTalon
Steam Profile: AlloTalon

Post by AlloTalon » August 8th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Sabalanor wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 10:18 am
Hahahahahahahahhahahaha. Broman, that is a great response. In all seriousness thiugh....

How Often: Every Day
Why: Overspawns, new dino pool for poeple to tame, etc. I think a lot of people get sick of trying to find good Dino's for hours and hours and hours and it doesn't change. This allows for a higher probability of new, correct Dino's spawning in. Also, if you keep clearing the same area it could cause an excess of other Dino's to spawn in elsewhere since that area can't spawn new Dino's til you get out of render.
I agree! It's really annoying to try and seek new and good dinos when sometimes they just don't spawn enough.
word count: 130

Proverbs 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel."

GingerAvenger
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Steam Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Origin Profile: ccGingerAvenger
Battle.net Profile: GingerAvenge#1819

Post by GingerAvenger » August 8th, 2018, 6:46 pm

I believe he means all content wiped and started over to keep things new/fresh. I think the point of Ark that keeps us coming back is actually the early game and the conquering of things. When servers sit for too long, folks get bored, play becomes stagnant and the server dies. I actually think every 3 months. Change up the mods, do something different but make it scaleable for 3 month achievements.

Your thoughts?
word count: 75

Zick

Post by Zick » August 9th, 2018, 6:32 am

Agree with Ginger change up would be nice i say every 4 to 5 months as i know you have to have a team test those changes before they are added and that takes some work to do im sure. Keep everything stable is not a easy job and I would like thank all who keep this ship running you do wonderful job!
word count: 63
Jesus will find those who are willing to pick up there mat and walk.
John 5:8 NIV
Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

"When love is in the house
The house is packed" Toby Mac

Bjorn44
Steam Profile: TheWatcher44
Battle.net Profile: TheWatcher44

Post by Bjorn44 » August 13th, 2018, 6:57 pm

i would say its different for different server styles, PvP servers sort of wipe themselves and eventually have an alpha, when they get too advanced it gets sort of crappy for the others, so a wipe can be needed, i would say the ideal time for a PvP server would be somewhere between 2-3months.

PvE servers if done right can last quite awhile. Depending on Mods and time put into balancing etc, making sure things are there for people to kill, even if they have to put forth the effort to murder-spree until things spawn. personally i think a well balanced PvE server can last up too 3-4months. a lot of it is on the Balancing, and spawning though.

as for Dino Wipes, you can get anything to spawn if you kill enough, embrace your inner murderhobo and you will be rewarded.
word count: 145
Bjorn Thorsson, Space Force!.