Pre-Meeting Discussion 10/13/18

For Christian Crew Event postings
NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Pre-Meeting Discussion 10/13/18

Post by NeoJabez » October 6th, 2018, 9:03 pm

There will be a Community Meeting in Discord on Saturday, October the 13th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
CC Meetings

The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.
Please post your topics here.

1) Sprinkles had an idea. Could we add an @art to the Discord (division) Roles so that people who like to get together for Drawpile can choose to get those announcements?

2) SkyeRanger - I've been engaging more heavily into my Essex County mod again. I'd be vastly interested for voice actors to voice NPCs. If you have time, and a good mic, or ideas, PM me.

-The Fishsticks V15 update is taking time due to its complexity. Due to this, I'm open to running issues people have had with him and/or ideas for more passive commands (Hello there, Hi, Fishsticks). The copyright message bug in the music player is being looked into.

3) ShaddaShk - Mobile game playthrus? Youtube? Anyone interested?
word count: 318
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion 10/13/18

Post by NeoJabez » October 9th, 2018, 12:16 am

Sorry for the double-post. One agenda item added.

Anyone have any input? The meeting is this Saturday.

CC Meetings are not just a time for announcements or to let everyone know where our community stands on Divisions, finances, etc.

Meetings are for the members.

A small example: Our web server bills are paid for the next year. That bill that goes to hosting our website and forums. So...Were you aware that our website was capable of ALL KINDS of things? If there's something really interesting or interactive you've seen somewhere else on the web that you think might have a good fit here, or that could be tailored to Christian uses, you could always suggest it! We might use it on the website!

Have you got an idea that could liven up one of our Divisions? Share it with us!

Just remember that our CC Meetings, since their inception, have always been about allowing the members to bring ideas about the direction of our community and it's functions, and share them. Some of the coolest things that our community has ever done were suggested at meetings!

Please let us know if you have any thoughts on any subjects! You don't know until you try!
word count: 210

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 11th, 2018, 8:24 pm

A couple of notes, nothing huge.

1.) I've been engaging more heavily into my Essex County mod again. I'd be vastly interested for voice actors to voice NPCs. If you have time, and a good mic, or ideas, PM me.
2.) The Fishsticks V15 update is taking time due to its complexity. Due to this, I'm open to running issues people have had with him and/or ideas for more passive commands (Hello there, Hi, Fishsticks). The copyright message bug in the music player is being looked into.

Also, there's a football game during the time of the meeting, I'll not be in attendance, so Ahem Neo, make the minutes pleasant to read.
word count: 118
"Shoot him! Now please!"

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 11th, 2018, 9:12 pm

I'm up for voicing. Seriously, I can cut the noise in the background I'm famous for. I have a great mic, on a boom arm. (With a shockmount and pop filter.)

ooOOOoo Pick me! Pick me!

In all seriousness, I goof off online a lot, but I really have acted before. No joke. Live acting even, not just voice.
word count: 61

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 11th, 2018, 9:15 pm

We'll need to talk. :)
word count: 5
"Shoot him! Now please!"

ShaddaShk
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: ShaddaShk

Post by ShaddaShk » October 12th, 2018, 3:34 pm

An idea that came to mind that I would like to put forth in the meeting;

Would people be interested in playthroughs of mobile (Android) games? I wouldn't be able to Stream but they could go up on the CCG YouTube channel. I am willing to buy games out of my own funds.
word count: 54
"We've just put a hit on the man that just got married." ~Winged
"Get a Sunder and run people over. That always makes you happy." ~Kes

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » October 12th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Shadda, I not only think that's a cool idea, I'm always on the lookout for 'new content', so...Added to agenda.
word count: 23

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » October 12th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Neo,

Due to me not being in attendance for tomorrows meeting, if anything comes from my first point, have them PM me. Notes on Fishsticks should be brought to the Fishsticks request thread. I should be available for the staff chat however post meeting.
word count: 44
"Shoot him! Now please!"

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » October 13th, 2018, 4:48 pm

One more subject of utmost importance.

Bob must be introduced to our horrible, horrible happy birthday songs.
word count: 17