Greetings from Zhies!

New to CC? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you!
Zhies
Steam Profile: zhies
Battle.net Profile: zhies#1801

Greetings from Zhies!

Post by Zhies » November 2nd, 2018, 5:38 pm

Hello CC and ACC gamer affiliates!

Username Origin

If you're wondering where my name comes from, it comes from a book I've been working on since I was 8 years old. It's a name of one of the characters. I say "I've been working on", but to be honest - I have a friend that is a published author and I'm anywhere near as dedicated to it as he is. To be honest, I usually write some and then read what I wrote and tear it all up. I've gotten up to 8 chapters several times, but each time I just keep tearing it up.

Gaming

What is my favorite game of all time?... It's a hard toss between Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Trigger.

What is the hardest game I ever played?... It's a hard toss between Warcraft 3 and StarCraft 2. Those games will give you a heart attack!

What is the most rich RPG environment I've ever played?... Hands down without a thought - Gemstone IV.

I have been an avid gamer since before the Internet. I started on console games with my Atari and playing in Nickel Arcades back in the early 90's. Shortly after that I got into RPGs. My first "MMO" that I played was before the term MMO was a thing. I used to play Multi-User Dungeons (MUDs) specifically Gemstone III (now GS IV) and Dragons Realms. I still have a Gemstone IV account, where I have a level 20+ rogue - so if you need any low level boxes picked PM me in Discord!

When I was in high school, I joined a pro gaming clan known as eScapers. They were better known for being competitive in Counterstrike, but I joined their Warcraft 3 clan. One of my clan mates was from Singapore and was the #1 ranked player in Free-for-All on the US West server. He was so good that players would team up against him, and he would still win. I played as Night Elf and had an average ladder APM (actions per minute) of about 140 APM. I became very close to some of the members in the clan, and was active for several years. Shortly after I joined the military, I left the clan and gaming for about 5 years.

I've been playing Starcraft 2 on and off casually since it's release. The highest I've got on ladder was Diamond in 1v1 as Protoss. I've mentored a few players, one which had gotten to high Diamond. Strangely enough, I've played a few Grandmaster players on ladder as Gold, and won a few of those games. I'm not much of a player these days, but I do watch the tournaments regularly. I usually play Protoss, but I can play a little Zerg as well. The highest average APM I've ever been able to maintain through a game was around 400 APM with Zerg back in 2015.

I mostly play single player RPGs - especially retro games. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. I play other games as well with my friends from church to include Minecraft, Rocket League, and PUBG.

Other Hobbies

So besides church and gaming, anything relating to Information Security or Computer Security peaks my interest. I've worked in that field for over a decade, and I'm familiar with Computer Science, Information Assurance, Big Data/Data Science, Automation/Programming, Penetration Testing, and Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) in general. I've done hiring and recruitment for my employer as a technical recruiter. I've mentored and taught over 1,000 people in a college classroom and among the workplace - so I like to teach technology to others. I'm a leader at work, but I'm a follower at church. I like to get into the "grunt work" and get my hands dirty.

I'm also a partially disabled Veteran and have a strange hobby of working on resumes/etc for other people. So if you need career advice, I usually offer that to my friends for free - when I have the time.

And when I'm not busy doing all that other stuff, I am also an entrepreneur and enjoy running and developing my own business. I first started as an entrepreneur back in 2013. I'm no a Steve Jobs, but it is something I enjoy doing.
Last edited by Zhies on November 2nd, 2018, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 741

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Re: Greetings from Zhies!

Post by NeoJabez » November 2nd, 2018, 7:05 pm

Zhies! A warm welcome!

I'm hoping we see more of you and continue to get to know you! Great welcome post, thanks for telling us so much about you! You will definitely find people here with similar interests, of that I can assure you. :)
word count: 45
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

Grizz Gallant
Ark: SE Division Leader
Ark: SE Division Leader
Steam Profile: †<CC>< Grizz Gallant
Origin Profile: GrizzGallant
Battle.net Profile: GrizzGallant#1761

Post by Grizz Gallant » November 6th, 2018, 5:50 am

Hello and welcome.
word count: 3

Paully
CC Member
CC Member
Steam Profile: N1tr0us
Origin Profile: Nitrous1984
UPlay Player: Nitrous217
Battle.net Profile: LeoKinz

Post by Paully » November 9th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Chrono Trigger for snes i take it? lol. never played it but am lookin into gettin it for the snes as it is one of the best games out there so they say. Also welcome!!
word count: 35