Pre-Meeting Discussion AND NOTES 02/09/19

For Christian Crew Event postings
Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Pre-Meeting Discussion AND NOTES 02/09/19

Post by Kesarahk » January 27th, 2019, 5:14 pm

There will be a Community Meeting in Discord on Saturday, February the 9th at 7:00pm Eastern, 6:00pm Central, 5:00pm Mountain, and 4:00pm Pacific. Post here if you want to bring something up during the meeting. Can't make it? Be sure to post enough info so everyone will understand your thoughts or concerns. Is it something of a more sensitive nature? PM a Council member so they can look it over during the closed part of the meeting.
CC Meetings

The Council is more than willing to hear from its members and those who keep our community alive. As such, the Council holds regular Community Meetings every two weeks. These meetings are intended to be a time where the CC Council can address any questions, concerns, suggestions, complaints, or comments the community may have. Council Meetings consists of both an open session and a closed session. The community, both tagged membership and non, is encouraged to attend the open session so that they can voice their opinion to help make community-wide decisions. The closed session is for Council and Staff only to discuss private matters.

Please post your topics here.
word count: 194

SkyeRangerDelta
Council Member
Council Member
Steam Profile: pldynEOL
Origin Profile: SkyeRangerDelta
UPlay Player: SkyeRangerDelta
Battle.net Profile: SkyeRanger#1967
Formerly Known As: End of Line

Re: Pre-Meeting Discussion AND NOTES 02/09/19

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » February 2nd, 2019, 2:05 am

I will not let this be empty!

As the tech support CM and Fishsticks dev, I'd like to take point on this game groups system, so there's a few things I'd like to discuss obviously.

Firstly, that the community is settled on Divisions being a construct and game groups being an actual thing. Secondly, I'd like to query those that come/will be using it on how they want Fishsticks to handle incoming role requests. Third, we need to settle on what will define a game group (Min number of players to start one, expiry conditions, etc.).
word count: 101
"Shoot him! Now please!"

NeoJabez
Council Operations
Council Operations

Post by NeoJabez » February 3rd, 2019, 1:36 pm

I'd like to let people know that there will soon be a massive pruning of our forums and Private Message database files.

Due to this, people should go through their Private Message folders and save any information they don't want to lose, such as phone numbers, email addresses, or anything like that.

Also...We'll probably be doing away with some entire forum sections we no longer use, and if anyone wants to see a certain section stay, they should make this preference known as soon as possible.

This is all being done in hopes of making our forum sections just a little quicker and easier to use.

I don't have a set date for this yet, but I'm shooting for no later than the end of February, or perhaps MUCH sooner, if no one speaks up.
word count: 141
If serving is below you, leadership is beyond you. - Anonymous

Coram Deo, Soli Deo Gloria

FutronBob
CC Member
CC Member

Post by FutronBob » February 6th, 2019, 1:06 am

Last Tuesday (Jan 29th) I hosted a movie night, The Incredibles 2. We had a decent turnout for it being a last-minute thing, but I know not everyone who would've wanted to join us was able to.

I'd like to talk about possibly hosting either a weekly or bi-weekly movie night, who would be interested, and what day/time would work for the most people. I think having a regularly scheduled event would make it easier for people to join in.
word count: 85

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » February 6th, 2019, 11:06 pm

#fitness channel.

A request from a staff member that was quickly echoed by community members.

Consensus is that most would be more comfortable using it if it were locked down to Member.
word count: 32

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » February 11th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Notes by Skye (thank you sir!):

COMMUNITY MEETING MINUTES
February 9th, 2019

Attendance
Ben
Cal Hobbes
FutronBob
Global
Goatman
GrizzGalant
Kesarahk
Megs
Rocket Chair
SilverHoudini
SkyeRangerDelta
SlickAl
TheDoctor
Winged Scribe

Prayer Requests

Minutes
Game Roles/Custom Groups
Community motion to create with respect to divisional superstruct
[game] Role Creation
[game] Roles are variable, creation dependent on:
At least 5 to create a role
Role ramifications
Role lifetime: After user threshold drops, issue warning, after another, Fishsticks deletes the role
Clock event top check last ping of a role:
Ping at 6 months
Deleted 2 weeks later
Division/Role Interaction
Role division specified at application
Divisions are categorical constructs used for reports/stats of roles
PING STATISTICS!

Yo, Forums are Getting Tinkered With

The Gym now exists
Talk about your healthy lifestyle stuffs
word count: 132

Kesarahk
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kesarahk » February 11th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Additional notes: #the-gym has been locked down to Member+ after feedback from the community due to its sensitive personal content. (A brief scan shows that only members were posting in it anyway.)

Movie Night hosting was mentioned by Bob and Monday was the day that worked for those present who gave feedback. Stayed tuned for when he's feeling better. ^^
word count: 61